PDA

View Full Version : Challenges

Stouty
10-04-2006, 18:44
Yup, yet another challenge question.

Anyway the question is this:

If you charge a unit in the flank with a US 5+ unit of non skirmishers can your opponent refuse a challenge as they are no longer assumed to have ranks?

Murrithius
10-04-2006, 19:03
Yes. The charging unit doesn't make the charged unit lose it's ranks, only it's rank bonus. Therefore your cowardly, dishonourable character may hide like a little gobbo in the rear rank. (Sorry, Bretonnian player me...)

Major Defense
10-04-2006, 19:49
If you charge a unit in the flank with a US 5+ unit of non skirmishers can your opponent refuse a challenge as they are no longer assumed to have ranks?Ranks have little/nothing to do with challenges. Any characters and/or unit champions in BtB contact can issue and accept challenges. Maybe your question is too simple for me to understand?

Stouty
10-04-2006, 20:14
Ranks have little/nothing to do with challenges. Any characters and/or unit champions in BtB contact can issue and accept challenges. Maybe your question is too simple for me to understand?

Well the BRB says that if you have no ranks you can't turn down a challange. Since you can be charged in the flank and still be in BtB (and therefore still get challenged) I was wondering if you could still turn down the challange if the flanking unit had US 5 or more because for the purposes of CR the rank bonus is negated.

Aparently though the ranks are still there for all purposes except for CR so yes you could refuse a challenge.

Festus
10-04-2006, 21:16
Hi

The refusal rules have been amended: As long as there is a non-fighting position within the unit (ie. one position not in b-t-b with an enemy model), the challenge may be refused and the character/champion will retreat to the aforementioned position.

Greetings
Festus

Stouty
10-04-2006, 22:06
Thankyou for that Festus :)

MarcoPollo
12-04-2006, 23:01
Of course if you are charged in the flank, you may not have a character in a fighting position. You could if a character was on the corner where the front meets the flank where the charge is.

If you don't have a character in a fighting (B-t-B contact) then the character cannot accept a challenge. Unless there is a magic item that says it must (ie Bindings of Slaanesh).