PDA

View Full Version : Skaven 2400pts

TheDrugLordX
31-08-2011, 17:41
So, I'm going to a tournament this weekend. Unfortunately, I'm not quite happy with the list I'm using, and I'm considering to build the following list for the future.

Grey Seer, Screaming Bell, Skalm

Warlock Engineer, lvl 1, Warp-energy Condenser
Warlock, Brass Orb, Pistol

40 Stormvermin, Full Command, Razor Standard, Doom Flayer
40 Stormvermin, Full Command, Doom Flayer
10 Stormvermin, Warpfire Thrower
41 Clanrats (bell pushers), Full Command, Poison Wind Mortar
30 Slaves, Musician
30 Slaves, Musician

8 Gutter Runners, Slings, Poison

Warp Lightning Cannon
Warp Lightning Cannon
Doom Wheel

Total: 2400pts

(EDIT: dropped a gutter runner, the 20 clanrats regiment and both assasins for another unit of 40 stormvermin, and yet another regiment of 10 stormvermin with a doom flayer, as well increased the 34clanrat unit to 41pts)

I usually play in a comp using environment, hence the double assassin, whom I intend to use in the stormvermin unit.

If playing ETC I'd swap out the assassins for another 60 slaves (max), another unit of gutter runners and swap a cannon for a hellpit, along some other points saving somewhere, and a dispell scroll + doom rocket.

Thoughts?

Bubbasan
31-08-2011, 21:56
I really think you need more bodies. The units are just going to get shredded in one turn against literally anything heavy hitting. I think the bell can be great, but such a small unit around it can literally be cut to shreads in two turns of combat and since your seer can't be as magic effective in combat his use is going to be cut in half as soon as you use his unbreakableness to hold your center. If you dropped the rest of your characters (other than maybe an assassin with PoS/CorruptionSword), you would have a lot more points to get lets say a horde of monks or larger units of slaves/clanrats.

Juggernaut101
01-09-2011, 14:01
Do you know what you'll be running into at the tournament? Because it does look kinda "half there".

Those small-medium units won't stay in operating condition for long against HE/ DE. I just don't think that they have the bodies to absorb that much incoming fire. Against those two you're also going to have problems with the CC against all that ASF/ hatred nonsense.

Also, WoC w/ Khorne will out-slap you and w/ Tzeench will out- grind you.

First I thought those Assassins were useless but they /might/ kill the heavy hitters though that will be hard against well equipped WoC. Won't help much against HE elites, though.

How about kicking the 2nd CR unit and use the points to buy more slaves and/or Skavenbrew for the SV?

Btw, speaking of HE nonsense...what about the last spell in their list; ( forgot the name, the one that forces you to unveil all the magic paraphernalia in an unit and then destroys one) does that one work against still hidden Assassins???

TheDrugLordX
02-09-2011, 15:43
Do you know what you'll be running into at the tournament? Because it does look kinda "half there".

Those small-medium units won't stay in operating condition for long against HE/ DE. I just don't think that they have the bodies to absorb that much incoming fire. Against those two you're also going to have problems with the CC against all that ASF/ hatred nonsense.

Also, WoC w/ Khorne will out-slap you and w/ Tzeench will out- grind you.

First I thought those Assassins were useless but they /might/ kill the heavy hitters though that will be hard against well equipped WoC. Won't help much against HE elites, though.

How about kicking the 2nd CR unit and use the points to buy more slaves and/or Skavenbrew for the SV?

Btw, speaking of HE nonsense...what about the last spell in their list; ( forgot the name, the one that forces you to unveil all the magic paraphernalia in an unit and then destroys one) does that one work against still hidden Assassins???

Well, I'm not running this army list at that tournament, I'm running another list. What I said was that I'm not 100% content with the list I'm taking (I'm not allowed to change list before the tournament, and anyway, don't have all the models for this list) and thus I want to change it (to this list...) in the future!

I would take more slaves, if it wasn't for composition reasons! They're very severely punished. Anyway, I've realised after your comments and indeed I have too small units, updating first post with new list!

As for the HE spell (vauls unmaking): Yes, I have to reveal the assassins then!

Juggernaut101
02-09-2011, 22:13
As for the HE spell (vauls unmaking): Yes, I have to reveal the assassins then!
Man, those pointy-eared bastards start to seriously get on my nerves...

Sorry about the confusion with the list. It is rather possible that I was ... confused :shifty:
Anyway, I think the amended list is much better vs. WoC. I wouldn't want to wade through 2x40 SV units after the GS and the WLCs were were let lose, especially with a Doomwheel on the table.

Any reason why you didn't sneak a DoomRocket in there? Would be nice to have against elven elites.
Mind sharing those comp rules? I'm confused, yet again.

J