Special
38 Greatswords, Full Command- 410pts

Great Cannon- 100pts
Great Cannon- 100pts
Great Cannon- 100pts
Mortar- 75pts
Mortar- 75pts
Mortar- 75pts

General and BSB go with greatswords and Warrior Priests go with Halberd blocks. Wizard goes with swordsmen or wherever is safe. Swordsmen are there for watchtower mission garrison, or a small flanking/reserve force.

TheMadMarquis
01-09-2011, 02:39
You need Engineers for all those warmachines! And no Nuln list is complete without them. Drop a Handgunner detachment to make room for at least one. And with those 15 points and a few less Greatswords, bulk the Swordsmen up to 30. Swordsmen are useless for the watchtower, Greatswords are a better bet, and a unit of 20 won't even last one full turn against the Savage Orcs, Saurus, Chaos Warriors and Ogres that infest the game nowadays.

I'd lalso go so far as dropping another 10 Handgunners to upgrade to a L4 wizard. Lore of Metal is a favourite of mine and seems quite Nulny, but I suppose Fire fits with the general artillery feel ^_^

Fox Of 9
01-09-2011, 09:00
I'm guessing fire is for knockin down regen before smashing a cannonball/motar round into the same target?

And i agree with madmarquis you need a engineer for all those mrtars and cannons.

David.

D'Haran
01-09-2011, 12:52
It's important to note magic won't deny regen in the shooting phase, also with 6 war machines you really have to have an engineer or an average of 1 will blow up every turn (I'd usually take 1 per 3-4 machines). Not a bad list, the detachments will deprive you of deployment options since they're deployed with the parent unit so you may reconsider that to get your war machines in a better position. Not sure why you have 19 swordsmen, I'd dump them for some knights, or at least make them the detachment rather than the hand gunners, or beef up the unit as suggested above.

Morax
01-09-2011, 13:15
You need Engineers for all those warmachines! And no Nuln list is complete without them. Drop a Handgunner detachment to make room for at least one. And with those 15 points and a few less Greatswords, bulk the Swordsmen up to 30. Swordsmen are useless for the watchtower, Greatswords are a better bet, and a unit of 20 won't even last one full turn against the Savage Orcs, Saurus, Chaos Warriors and Ogres that infest the game nowadays.

I'd lalso go so far as dropping another 10 Handgunners to upgrade to a L4 wizard. Lore of Metal is a favourite of mine and seems quite Nulny, but I suppose Fire fits with the general artillery feel ^_^

I'm guessing fire is for knockin down regen before smashing a cannonball/motar round into the same target?

And i agree with madmarquis you need a engineer for all those mrtars and cannons.

David.
The flaming wound would have to be done in the same phase to remove regen. Flaming Sword would work but with a level 2 your chances would not be great in getting that spell. Still a little extra blasting power and a chance at that spell is better then nothing.

Couldn't agree more with the inclusion of engineers. Presumably you will want to split the warmachines into two batteries of 3. That would mean two engineers. A great investment and to get them I would drop two detatchments of handgunners. That would leave you 50 extra points to spend with which you could upgrad a mortar to a helstorm and swap the scroll for a rod of power. The helstorm would add a high strength large blast to help take out elite units and it's inaccuracy is corrected by the inclusion of the engineers. The rod of power helps you shut down the opposing magic phase more effectively then a single scroll.

For the watchtower I wouldn't worry about putting a garrison unit in the building at the start of the game. Simply bombard the thing with warmachine fire getting d6 hits per hit. Not much can stand up to 6d6 hits per turn from shots that allow no armor saves. After what was in it is dead, stroll in with the greatswords and occupy the building. The swordsmen would make a fine bunker for the wizard to protect a warmachine battery. The other could be protected by the other two detachments.