PDA

View Full Version : 3000 pts Daemons of Chaos

lisaundead
01-09-2011, 09:17
Hi all,

Im trying to create standard, competitive 3K lists for my 4 armies (DoC, VC, Slayers and Chaos Dwarf).

Ill start with daemons. Normally run mono Khorne but decided to add some Tzeentch for magic defense etc.

Let me know what you think, please :)

150 SKULLTAKER
175 HERALD OF KHORNE - BSB: Great Banner of Sundering
160 HERALD OF TZEENTCH - Master of Sorcery, Winged Horror
140 HERALD OF TZEENTCH - Master of Sorcery

535 BLOODLETTERS (40) - Full Command, Icon of Endless War
390 BLOODLETTERS (30) - Full Command
573 PINK HORRORS (39) - Full Command, Icon of Sorcery, Changeling

175 FLESH HOUNDS (5)
175 FLESH HOUNDS (5)

140 FLAMERS OF TZEENTCH (4)
175 FLAMERS OF TZEENTCH (5)
210 BLOODCRUSHERS OF KHORNE (3)

Plan.....opted not to go with Greater Daemon as just love Skulltaker.
Skulltaker and BSB go in large BL horde.
HoT goes in Horrors (lore.....either life, beast or shadow)
Winged HoT flits around with either life, beast or shadow)

Doggies and Flamers on either flank to provide some distraction / shooting...disrupt wramachines hopefully.

Crushers...just love em and they'll go on whatever flank needs em.

I know Im going to get accusations of :cheese: but looking for a competitive list for competitive games.

Comments and suggestions very welcome.
Thanks
:)

DaemonReign
01-09-2011, 09:29
I'm an avid Daemon player usually playing games a fair bit bigger than this list, and I gotta tell you my group has a total ban on all SC's, but that being said I have the following to say:

- Drop the Horrors. I know it's kind of Boring to replace them with another chunk of Bloodletters, but if you want to be nasty and get anywhere near "cheese-level" that's what I would do. On the other hand, if you're going with Master of Sorcery SHADOW on the HoT (I prefer Life or Light but heck Shadow works!) then 39 Daemonettes is a fully viable choice (Occam's Mindrazor FTW!). Plaguebearers are awesome too... Anything but Horrors, anyways, until we get a new book Horrors are just Horrible.. Don't trust anyone telling you otherwise.

- Showing up without a GD at 3k is fine I guess. I suppose most people would bring one, and I tend to as well given that I mostly play games twice this size.. You get alot of Core-troops instead though so that's probably all good.

- For the FleshHounds I would never, ever, field units of just five. 6 is the size you want for the investment you're looking at.
Frankly, I would probably bring ONE unit of 12 Hounds, delete the Horrors all-together and use those points for one or two Fiends instead (plus of course alot of other stuff, perhaps even a small unit of Horrors just for Hiding the Herald and another "channeling" wizard).

- Bloodcrushers. Again, given that I'd toss out the Horrors, I would concider bringing 6 of them if bringing any at all. But that's mostly a matter of personal preference. After all, you want something jawdropping on the table if you're not bringing a GD.. No? ;)

Cheers. And forget about the cheese.. That was all 7th Ed and waay hyped even then.

lisaundead
01-09-2011, 09:46
I'm an avid Daemon player usually playing games a fair bit bigger than this list, and I gotta tell you my group has a total ban on all SC's, but that being said I have the following to say:

- Drop the Horrors. I know it's kind of Boring to replace them with another chunk of Bloodletters, but if you want to be nasty and get anywhere near "cheese-level" that's what I would do. On the other hand, if you're going with Master of Sorcery SHADOW on the HoT (I prefer Life or Light but heck Shadow works!) then 39 Daemonettes is a fully viable choice (Occam's Mindrazor FTW!). Plaguebearers are awesome too... Anything but Horrors, anyways, until we get a new book Horrors are just Horrible.. Don't trust anyone telling you otherwise.

- Showing up without a GD at 3k is fine I guess. I suppose most people would bring one, and I tend to as well given that I mostly play games twice this size.. You get alot of Core-troops instead though so that's probably all good.

- For the FleshHounds I would never, ever, field units of just five. 6 is the size you want for the investment you're looking at.
Frankly, I would probably bring ONE unit of 12 Hounds, delete the Horrors all-together and use those points for one or two Fiends instead (plus of course alot of other stuff, perhaps even a small unit of Horrors just for Hiding the Herald and another "channeling" wizard).

- Bloodcrushers. Again, given that I'd toss out the Horrors, I would concider bringing 6 of them if bringing any at all. But that's mostly a matter of personal preference. After all, you want something jawdropping on the table if you're not bringing a GD.. No? ;)

Cheers. And forget about the cheese.. That was all 7th Ed and waay hyped even then.

Thanks for the advice,

Im trying to avoid Slaanesh for a number of reasons (I dont have any daemonettes at the mo, and Khornes dislike of slaanesh in the fluff). More letters could work, however i was primarilry taking horrors for added magic goodness and because i have plenty, lol.

I will play around with the list, removing the horrors and giving the second HoT wings or a disc and see how it goes.

Hounds could be grouped together without too much trouble
Crushers...i will see about bulking out the unit size.

thanks again for the advice, much much appreciated :D