PDA

View Full Version : 2,000pts Warriors of Chaos

Nixon2802
01-09-2011, 15:55
Hey All this is my list that you may (or most likely may not) have seen on show in my Plog. Its not designed to be Super competitive, just fun at the FLGS but Id like thoughts on it nonetheless:

Lords
Chaos Lord (General)
Mark of Khorne
Axe of Khorne
Talisman of Preservation
Enchanted Shield
Stream of Corruption
340pts

Heroes
Chaos Sorcerer (Lore of Tzeentch)
Level 2
Mark of Tzeentch
Talisman of Protection
Infernal Puppet
Conjoined Homunculus
210pts

Exalted Hero
BSB
Mark of Tzeentch
Talisman of Endurance
Sword of Might
Shield
200pts

Core
17 Chaos Warriors
Shields
Mark of Tzeentch
Full Command
Rapturous Standard
342pts

18 Chaos Warriors
Halberds
Mark of Khorne
Full Command
Banner of Eternal Flame
358pts
40 Chaos Marauders
Full Command
Mark of Khorne
Great Weapons
250pts

Special
5 Chaos Knights
Mark of Khorne
Musician and Standard Bearer
Blasted Standard
300pts

Total: 2,000pts 

haveyouseenaduck
02-09-2011, 17:00
I think it is always fun to battle. ;) One thing I noticed is a lack of range attacks. No shooting and only one sorcerer and only 1 fast moving unit. I think you'll get shot up and blown up with magic, losing a lot of you numbers before the fun of hand to hand. If your opponent just sits back and waits for you to march the field, that's round 3 (2 if you’re lucky) before you reach them. I'm not saying you can't win with this list; just it may be frustrating watching your numbers dwindle before they can sink their teeth into the enemy.

Eta
02-09-2011, 18:52
Your lord has 105 points of magic items. You will have to change the shield.

Nixon2802
03-09-2011, 08:36
@Eta Gifts of Chaos are different to Magic items
@haveyouseenaduck yeah I imagine ill get torn to pieces by Gunlines and stuff but its only for fun, besides marching 8" a turn and using knights to potentially get warmachines means I should hopefully be in combat fairly quickly and once i do, Ill murder them :)

Yrrdead
03-09-2011, 08:44
@haveyouseenaduck yeah I imagine ill get torn to pieces by Gunlines and stuff but its only for fun, besides marching 8" a turn and using knights to potentially get warmachines means I should hopefully be in combat fairly quickly and once i do, Ill murder them :)

ETA knows that. He is referring to the 105 pts of Magic Items on your Lord.:D

The mixup is the Enchanted Shield. Though it is only 5 pts in the BRB , it is 15pts in the WoC book. Guess what you have to pay? The cost in the Army Book.

Nixon2802
03-09-2011, 17:03
oh right, well that sucks then so the new books get it cheaper :/
the guys at my local Games Workshop are pretty laid back, in all the games ive played they dont enforce it, its a stupid little rule IMO

haveyouseenaduck
06-09-2011, 16:41

I just had a 500pt match agaist High Elves, list could only be core and 1 hero. He shot me to pieces. Only had one close combat round, with a unit of 7 Marauders. Lost failed leadership and was ran down :cries:. The rules for high elves are way to lopsided :mad: IMO

This was my list.
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5752881#post5752881

Nixon2802
09-09-2011, 17:45
Owch, you should invest in some Chaos Warriors w/shields. They really love those S3 Bow shots from High Elves, 3+ Save and even those Bolt Throwers get saved on a 5+
and youll still munch them in CC