PDA

View Full Version : Refined 2500 Point List

:-Collinisimo-:
02-09-2011, 01:08
I posted a similar list a while back, but since then it's been refined. I am hoping to get some fresh ideas on it.

WoC 2500 Points

Sorcerer Lord - 395
- Level 4
- Third Eye
- Talisman of Preservation
- Enchanted Shield
- Infernal Puppet
- Biting Blade

Exalted Hero - 200
- MoT
- BSB
- Shield
- Talisman of Endurance
- Dragon Helm
- Warrior Bane

17x Warriors - 364 (Sorcerer Lord)
- MoK
- Halberds
- Shields
- Musician
- Champion
- Standard
- Banner of Discipline

17x Warriors - 372 (BSB)
- MoN
- Halberds
- Shields
- Musician
- Standard
- Banner of Rage

18x Warriors - 364
- MoK
- Halberds
- Shields
- Musician
- Standard
- Banner of Eternal Flame

40x Marauders - 242
- MoK
- Great Weapons
- Musician
- Standard

40x Marauders - 242
- MoK
- Great Weapons
- Musician
- Standard

5x Warhounds - 30

5x Warhounds - 30

5x Warhounds - 30

5x Chaos Knights - 230
- MoK

Total - 2499

This is a very solid line of advancing troops, which I feel will be hard to deal with. I just need to make sure I'm matching up units to my favor. The characters are both very solid with a 2+/4++, and the BSB gets a boost against flaming attacks. Both of the characters also have magical attacks in case of those pesky ethereal units.

I am still undecided on what lore I am going to take with my Sorcerer Lord. I keep flipping between Heavens, Shadow, and Death. They all have merits. Thoughts on that?

I have also considered mounting characters. I think extra protection would be nice, but I can't afford to lose either of them to a stray cannon ball, especially without the 3++ Ward, or a shrine to block it.

Any thoughts on the list? Its a little odd I know, not all too cookie cutter, but I think it will work competitively.

Greavious_Bodily_Harm
02-09-2011, 01:32
How about a hellcanon drop a warrior unit get some pew pew in before the rest of ur army smashes into the enemy units?? Just a thought??

...GBH...

02-09-2011, 01:43
I never really liked Hellcannons. They are too unreliable shooting wise, so I tend to just use them as a combat monster. A unit of Warriors can do everything a Hellcannon can in combat, and more.

puckus10
02-09-2011, 14:54
What exactly is the advantage of a bsb since warriors of chaos reroll failed panic tests anyway i thought. Also does this mean they get to reroll them twice if you have a bsb?

Morax
02-09-2011, 19:24
What exactly is the advantage of a bsb since warriors of chaos reroll failed panic tests anyway i thought. Also does this mean they get to reroll them twice if you have a bsb?

Break tests, frenzy tests, psycology tests for after you lose frenzy, rally tests, redirecting tests, the uses for the BSB are multitude.

I'd look into units with other marks. Frenzy is a bit of a double edged sword. Anyone with cheap throw away units will have them over-running to present flanks to combat blocks. That is a good way to lose an expensive unit. For example my empire brings 4 detatchments of 5 freecompany just for that purpose. If they die its really no loss for me and if they get something positioned well for me then they make up their points and then some. Maybe a unit of tzeentch/nurgle warriors to have one that is a bit more survivable/controllable?

03-09-2011, 01:30
I made a few changes, and edited the OP.

As for frenzy, I have never really had a big problem with that. I understand that there are risks involved, but I can typically do some damage control with warhounds if it ever becomes an issue.