PDA

View Full Version : new ogre kingdoms

spurker
02-09-2011, 14:55
I've wanted to start fantasy for a while but have been unable to choose an army. I was contemplating daemons. However, white dwarf just landed on my door mat (literally) and the new ogre kingdoms models look awesome! I never contemplated playing them before. What do the people of warseer think of them? (the models and the army itself)

jack da greenskin
02-09-2011, 15:21
What do YOU think of them?

spurker
02-09-2011, 15:22
good point, good point. But what are they like to play? I haven't had a go at fantasy at all and don't want to go for an army I'll hate because I get tabled all the time...

Andy p
02-09-2011, 16:25
Id say go for it, you dont need to get too many models for a decent sized force and if you are like me you might find painting them a bit quicker and better than smaller models.

Plus most of their sprues are ripe with spare parts for conversions.

mdauben
02-09-2011, 17:02
I have not had a chance to use the new Army Book yet, so take what I say with a grain of salt. I loved the original OK and started collecting them when the Army Book first came out. They were not one of the best armies, but they were a lot of fun. From what I can see, it looks like the new Army Book makes them more competative in the overall game.

Deff Mekz
02-09-2011, 17:10
What do the people of warseer think of them? (the models and the army itself)

What do I think? I think if you like the army you should go for it, don't let other people push away from that fact. Being a new army book it will no doubt be "competitive" if you looking from that stand point. (I'm more of a casual gamer hence the "") Also, the Ogres have one of the best looking minatures ranges in Fantasy, right up there with Skaven in my opinion.

Deff

spurker
02-09-2011, 17:27
I'm not that competitive, so I'm not too worried about how good they are at winning. I just don't want to have an army that sucks if you aren't familiar with fantasy. For instance, I wouldn't recommend someone start 40k with Dark Eldar as it would be demoralising to continually have your a*** handed to you when you've only just started!

nitsuj
02-09-2011, 17:52
ogres look pretty cool, im torn between them and scavens

Malorian
02-09-2011, 17:54
Ogres are an army that works much like Warriors of Chaos.

There is a lot of different things you can do to make a fun and characterful army, but at a competitive level the builds will be limited and run the risk of becoming boring.

spurker
02-09-2011, 18:27
Doubt I'll ever play at a competitive level, so I'm going to go for it! Time to start saving some money...

Deff Mekz
02-09-2011, 18:31
Good to hear!

Deff

Belakor
02-09-2011, 18:32
There is a lot of different things you can do to make a fun and characterful army, but at a competitive level the builds will be limited and run the risk of becoming boring.

Can I borrow your Delorian?

Malorian
02-09-2011, 19:24
Can I borrow your Delorian?

Sadly it's not working...

Still searching ebay and Kijiji for a new flux capaticator :(

(And the fact that I haven't come back in time and given one to myself it's filling me with hope...)

Acheldama82
02-09-2011, 19:39
Imho if you're looking for a fun amry, OK are great.
About competitive army ... Well more then 12 years of gw , i'm not a super power player at all, i just ike to play and reach the best position i can whitout become heavy for my challengers, teach me to w8 almost 3 months before say a word, i remeber when the people around call broken the new O&g book and TK one and then they are , at least in Italy, just inside the average group.
Fun army? 80% yes
Tournament "zamgbroken" ? Dunno.

popisdead
02-09-2011, 19:57
What do YOU think of them?

Pretty much. There are enough negative people here to ruin your view of anything.

If you find they are appealing go for it. You have to purchase, paint and play with them.

spurker
02-09-2011, 20:11
There are enough negative people here to ruin your view of anything.

I hear you there!