PDA

View Full Version : Units Rules/Units Stories. What Would Like to Change?

dragonet111
02-09-2011, 15:38
Hi guys.

I was reading the stories and description of the pink horrors and it make think about what I would like Horrors to be. In stories they are shown as brainless automaton under the full control of a more powerful daemon. They are used to swarm enemy units under thousands of insane daemons spitting mutation and fire. Currently they are just spellcasters. You use a unit of horrors when you want a Lvl 3 or 4 spellcaster and don't want to field a greater daemon or when you want to give a bunker to your herald with master of sorcery.

With the next armybook I would like Horrors to work differently. I would like the insane horde aspect over the spellcaster aspect. Something like Ld 4 to represent the necessity to have another daemon to lead then, frenzy to represent the insanity and/or impact hits to represent the raw magic power horrors unleash on their enemies, make units of horrors able to channel power dice and no ability to cast spells. Of course this need testing, it's just rapid thoughts.

This is how I would like horrors to work in the next book.

And you guys, Do you have unit(s) you feel like they should work differently??

AlphariusOmegon20
02-09-2011, 16:32
First thing that jumps to mind is WoC Forsaken. They really should have Chaos Armor like all the other Warriors in that book.

Other than that, I'd like to see HE lose ASF for GW's. It makes no sense at all.

Von Wibble
02-09-2011, 16:38
On swordmasters it does. Just think of them as being so good at fighting that they gain +2 S even with a light sword and it makes sense.

Bloodcrushers would be high on the list - they are so easy to kill and yet look like they should have at least T5 and 3+ save (with 3 wounds, for about 100 points each).

Warsphinx - made of stnoe and gets a very small armour save. I'd prefer it at T6 4+ save.

Ushabti - made of stone also and only T4.

dragonet111
02-09-2011, 16:45
On swordmasters it does.

I agree with swordmasters.

Lord Zarkov
02-09-2011, 16:47
Warsphinx - made of stnoe and gets a very small armour save. I'd prefer it at T6 4+ save.

I T8 with a rubbish save make sense - there's nothing between it's body and any attacks, so if something's capable of causing damage there's nothing further to deflect it.

Me, I would like slain zombies to not contribute towards CR, this represents the implacable hordes from the fluff - unlike both zombies and nearby wights exploding due to the zombies being attacked.
Perhaps make them M3 as well as they're supposed to shamble, doesn't make sense for them to run as fast as living humans

Skywave
02-09-2011, 17:27
Reworks some Initiative that make no sense. Before it bugged me, but the stats was quite unimportant so it wasn't that bad. Now though it need to be tweaked as it's much more important in battle.

Marauder should have I3, and Chaos Warrior 4 at best, make no sense to be 4 and 5. Blood Knights on the other hand should have 5 if not 6, they are Vampires who are always described as ultra-fast creatures, I never understood why they get a lowly 4 :confused:

There's a few things that could have been changed for TK, but the book is out now so it's kinda pointless to hope for changes, maybe in 6-8 years :p

sulla
02-09-2011, 20:56
I said this in a rules development thread, so I'm sticking to it.

For the hellcannon, I think it should function broadly as a strength 4 stone thrower with panic test. 3 wounds for the crew, rolls on the blackpowder table for misfires. T10 vs shooting, daemon prince's profile for cc attacks, unbreakable. That's about 175pts value there and it works largely within the 8th edition framework. No crew that aren't crew, no monster&handler 'ward saves'. Simple.

For Forsaken, they are mutated nutters; they should never lose frenzy and they should gain an attack for every turn they win, but take a hit for every attack they gain to represent the mutations being too much for their systems.

Oh, and spawn need the option to be taken in units of 1-5. Spawn don't last a phase ion 8th edition. The rules in the campaign in the BRB are near perfect for them.

For DE, as well as the obvious price increases and reduction of magic items, I'd like to see Malekith become a loremaster(dark) and be able to join Khainite units..

Okuto
02-09-2011, 21:13
what I'd give to see ASF purged from the HE book......swordmasters should just have their old rule of striking at normal I with their GWs...solves the loss of ASF. But we'll see what happens when they are brought up to speed in 8th, they certainly dont need SOA anymore

The bearded one
02-09-2011, 23:49
they'd certainly need pointsreductions of mindboggling proportions

Korraz
03-09-2011, 00:47
...or something that reflects the elite part of Elves in a better way.

The bearded one
03-09-2011, 01:07
reroll to hit doesn't reflect eliteness? :)

Okuto
03-09-2011, 01:08
Anything would be nice...they make my life miserable........esp my orcs...

H33D
03-09-2011, 01:20
I like Ironbreakers, but I feel that they need some sort of special rule or ability to represent their 'tunnel fighting' style and the fact that they are always battling sneaky goblins and skaven in the dark.

StarFyreXXX
03-09-2011, 01:41
most of the lizardmen units; not that they are really bad. some are; but most are just bland.

Sanjay

Richmt11
03-09-2011, 11:16
Do all rules/unit change threads have to have lengthy discussions about HE and their ASF rule?

If they lost ASF elves would have to be like T4 at least, as they are all currently T3, not to mention some point reductions.

Although i dont want to see point reductions as i have custom battlefoam trays and dont wanna be buying many more... so lets just keep SOA

charlarino
03-09-2011, 11:32
I'd like for corsairs to have an ability similar to Wulfrik the wanderer in the next book,
Maybe a special rule where if Lokhir fellheart is taken one unit can enter the table on any side from turn 2 onwards

Valnir
03-09-2011, 12:28
Do all rules/unit change threads have to have lengthy discussions about HE and their ASF rule?

If they lost ASF elves would have to be like T4 at least, as they are all currently T3, not to mention some point reductions.

Although i dont want to see point reductions as i have custom battlefoam trays and dont wanna be buying many more... so lets just keep SOA

The way some people are making it out, that two str 5 or one str 6 rerollable hits are the end of the world and absolutely game breaking :wtf:

Gaargod
03-09-2011, 12:29
Saurus, described as living weapons who are literally breed for war and do nothing else but for hundreds if not thousands of years, are as skilled as basic human soldiers. What now?
Seriously, saurus should be +1WS across the board.

TheMadMarquis
03-09-2011, 16:08
I like that Saurus are WS3. They're a weapon of war in a brutal, savage, bestial way. They don't go in for poncey things like parrying and timing their blows precisely, they just charge in slashing wildly, clawing and biting, like the 7 foot berserk killer lizards they are.

Cragum
03-09-2011, 17:26
I would love oddly for the Mangler squigs to be changed a smidge. I have more the image from warhammer online of it being a rider inside a giant squigs mouth. How you even chain two squigs together :S

The bearded one
03-09-2011, 17:32
How you even chain two squigs together :S

* capture 2 giant squigs *
* send in 50 night goblins with a big chain *
* ???? *
* profit! *

However many such things are subject to variation, so it could easily be one giant squig with a rider in his mouth, or on his back, who attempts to steer it, but then get gobbled up when the squig hits the nearest enemy as the squig goes crazy, munching on everything in proximity, including the poor rider still in it's mouth, after which the squig is uncontrollable.

Dark14
03-09-2011, 18:08
Bretonnian knights who have no skin count as heavy armour? brets need fullplate for all knights. They need a unit of infantry to and grail knights should be better. There described as holy killing machines capable to taking on chaos champions and vampires but have 2st4 attacks and die like a knight errant. I hope to see them up with blood knights when done again.

Deff Mekz
03-09-2011, 19:05

Ushabti - made of stone also and only T4.

While as a TK player I agree with you that Ushabti should be tougher, I don't think it make sense for the Sphinx to have a lower armour save than it already has. The high toughness represents how hard it is to hurt a stone object, I mean how do you hurt stone right? Once you wound/ chip the stone it takes damage, so it makes no sense for it to have a higher save. Besides I like the Sphinx being T8 as it sets it apart from the other monsters in the game.

Deff

Stephanavich
03-09-2011, 19:07
For Lizardmen, I'd love it if they brought back the marks - the Old Ones have always played a huge part in everything the Lizardmen do, so why not affect the way they fight? Also I loved the idea (I think it was in a WD ages ago) where, if an entire army picked the same mark, the Skink Priest could use a specific lore. For example, if my memory serves well, if an entire army picked the Mark Of Chotec, the Skink Priest used the Lore Of Fire! Considering the Lore of Heavens is IMO the worst lore, being able to use other lores would be a nice touch.

I suppose the argument against would be that WoC have Marks, but why can't two armies? If only one army can, I actually think that Marks for Lizardmen are more fluffy - the Old Ones specifically planned out which Saurus they spawned where, and gave them talents to match this, each Old One having their own army to do their own things, so obviously their army has unique powers. In WoC fluff, men are born, worship a god and gain mutations? I think that WoC Chosen and Forsaken have the fluff to fit this, why add this to the entire army when the models don't fit this, and any that did would more suit Forsaken? Also, only two marks are ever used unless in a fluffy army. They don't have to remove the Gods, so fluffy armies aren't made redundant.

tl;dr : Re-add marks to Lizardmen, even if it involves getting rid of marks for WoC. Make the Marks change the lore Skink Priests can use.

TheMadMarquis
03-09-2011, 19:44
I totally agree with Stephanavich, bring back Lizardmen marks! I think it would feel totally right for WoC and Lizardmen to both have marks - after all, they are the chosen races of the ancient powers of destruction, and of order.

Also second the idea of Grail Knights being a lot killier. Generally, the mystic side to the Brets is something I'd love to see played up. Make them the fey, spiritual, aesthetic answer to the Empire's doughy pragmatism. I've always thought of the Empire as men influenced by Dwarves, and Bretonnians as men influenced by Elves. One is tough, practical, and organised, the other touched by the gods, yet hamstrung by strange traditions and ideals.

Rikka Rakka
04-09-2011, 05:22
I've always thought of the Empire as men influenced by Dwarves, and Bretonnians as men influenced by Elves. One is tough, practical, and organised, the other touched by the gods, yet hamstrung by strange traditions and ideals.

As to the bolded part, I could see either statement applying to the Empire or Bretonnia...:p

NecroMaster
04-09-2011, 17:58
Just increasing Brets ward save to a 5+ would make them better, and keep the same rules to where if they flee/break they lose it. Grail Knights need to be bamfed. Right now theres no point in taking them really. give them a table that they roll on similiar to chosen but just make it 6 choices. Something like:
1-+1 T
2-+1 WS & I
3-Hatred
4-Killing Blow
5-ASF
6-+1 A

Charistoph
04-09-2011, 21:28
Beastmen:
Return the Raiders rule (Skirmishers who had Ranks, though max was one less). It was very flavorful.
Bring back the ability for Minotaurs and Bestigor to be Core.
Centigor hero.
Something to take the place of the lost Dragon Ogres and Shaggoth (maybe 4-legged Minotaurs?)

AlphariusOmegon20
06-09-2011, 15:49
Beastmen:
Return the Raiders rule (Skirmishers who had Ranks, though max was one less). It was very flavorful.
Bring back the ability for Minotaurs and Bestigor to be Core.
Centigor hero.
Something to take the place of the lost Dragon Ogres and Shaggoth (maybe 4-legged Minotaurs?)

Besties and minos do not need to be core. We already get Centies as core with the addition of Ghorros in your list. BTW, Ghorros is the Centie hero you requested. You also realize that the Ghorgon and Cygor was our replacement for Drogres, and both are a damn fine replacement at that.

The only part of the old book that I'd might possibly even want back is the "hits distributed as shooting" rule. It was highly useful as a defense against impact hits. That being said, the current book is vastly superior to the travesty on paper that preceded it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Charistoph
07-09-2011, 03:37
Besties and minos do not need to be core. We already get Centies as core with the addition of Ghorros in your list. BTW, Ghorros is the Centie hero you requested. You also realize that the Ghorgon and Cygor was our replacement for Drogres, and both are a damn fine replacement at that.

Ghorros is a Unique Sergeant, not a Hero, nor is there a generic Centigor Hero at all. Thanks for trying.

Both Minotaurs and Bestigors both used to Core, and can be more effective in some circumstances than Centigors. My preference is mainly for variety.

Ghorgons and Cygors do not replace Drogres, and are barely an option when compared to Shaggoths who are generally better in every way, including options.

The closest replacement for Drogres is the Pumbagor, and is a cheap let down compared to them.

AlphariusOmegon20
07-09-2011, 04:31
Ghorros is a Unique Sergeant, not a Hero, nor is there a generic Centigor Hero at all. Thanks for trying.

Both Minotaurs and Bestigors both used to Core, and can be more effective in some circumstances than Centigors. My preference is mainly for variety.

Ghorgons and Cygors do not replace Drogres, and are barely an option when compared to Shaggoths who are generally better in every way, including options.

The closest replacement for Drogres is the Pumbagor, and is a cheap let down compared to them.

I have no idea what book you're looking at, but first off Ghorgons are vastly better than Drogres ever were.

Drogres suffer from the same downfall of most monstrous units and that's low initiative. They will go after such notoriously slow units like Lizardmen Saurus, or at least at the same time, considering they only have a 4+ save and can't have shields doesn't help any. Also Drogre frenzy is largely dependent on being shot by lightning, which most people know not to do. The Ghorgon doesn't have that issue, it's always frenzied. The Ghorgon's also stubborn 10, something the Drogres are not. Drogres can only stomp, whereas the Ghorgon thunderstomps.

I'll give you the Shaggoth though, I can not argue with WS 6, Init 4.

But the Ghorgon is vastly better that regular Drogres.

Charistoph
07-09-2011, 06:10
I have no idea what book you're looking at, but first off Ghorgons are vastly better than Drogres ever were.

Drogres suffer from the same downfall of most monstrous units and that's low initiative. They will go after such notoriously slow units like Lizardmen Saurus, or at least at the same time, considering they only have a 4+ save and can't have shields doesn't help any. Also Drogre frenzy is largely dependent on being shot by lightning, which most people know not to do. The Ghorgon doesn't have that issue, it's always frenzied. The Ghorgon's also stubborn 10, something the Drogres are not. Drogres can only stomp, whereas the Ghorgon thunderstomps.

I'll give you the Shaggoth though, I can not argue with WS 6, Init 4.

But the Ghorgon is vastly better that regular Drogres.

I never compared them to Drogres. I compared them to Shaggoths. Drogres are smaller and rank, Ghorgons and Cygors do not. Drogres are Monstrous Cavalry (sort of, as much as Centigors are Cavalry). YOU're the one who compared them to Drogres. I compared PUMBAGORS to Drogres.

Gonzoyola
07-09-2011, 06:38
I have to agree with Charis. Anyone who says that Ghorgons / Cygors are a superb replacement for Shaggoths, or even Dragon Ogres (which is not a comparison, two completely different unit types), is smoking some good stuff. Sure when you look at a ghorgons stats, he is respectable, and you say wow, i really like this guy, he can be quite a beast. Then you look at his points cost. Where the hell is 275 points justified? Compare a Ghorgon to a Giant and there is no way to justify the huge price gouge attached to a Ghorgon. I think the Ghorgon would get a huge saving grace if it were to have its Swallow Whole work akin to Venom Surge or Decapitating Strike. Make ONE of his attacks have that effect, no trade alll of his attacks for a single ASL attack that only has a 50% chance after hitting to do anything at all. Throw into that the fact that if what you target has ANY sort of ward save, and you have a ghorgon that just committed suicide.

In regards to the Grail Knights though, someone pointed out something that made me realize something. Grail Knights would be perfect candidates for the Maneater treatment. These are world traveled knights that have fought in noxious lairs, atop high mountian peaks, the deserts of khemri, and the steamy jungles of Lustria. Give them the ability to take a combination of special rules for no extra cost, and you have a wonderful unit.

One quaff I have right now though is Minotaurs vs. Maneaters. - for 5 points LESS per model, you have equal WS / Strength / Toughness / Initiative - but Maneaters get +1 Attack, and a combination of any 2 of a very juicy list of special rules. Minotaurs get ONE special rule, that also punishes them. Not to mention, while Minotaurs can PAY to get to 4 attacks, Maneaters can pay to get to 5 ATTACKS EACH. Lets not forget how much synergy they have with Magic Banners, and the ability to get D3 impact hits per model (which has an amazing chance of happening when you put Swiftstrider on to them, for free of course)

eh whatever /endrant. I don't know why Im surprised that Beastmen get punched in the dong when it comes to this.

It hurts my feelings to see Minotaurs spat on like they were with the unveiling of these new amazing Maneaters.

Skritflem
07-09-2011, 07:17
Mounts for greyseers (a weak warlitter or something)
Or having the option to choose to lead from the back. And not only when you refuse a challenge.

All of this is just because it would fit in the fluff. To represent the cowardness of the leaders.

Jolly Puggles
07-09-2011, 08:05
Poisoned Wind Globes = Quick to Fire.

More of an oversight, I think, on the part of the Errata/Update team, than a true "Rule Change", as such.

I'd like to see Skaven Jezzail Teams have a higher BS...in the fluff it talks about Jezzail wielders being expert snipers, yet they have a measly BS:3. Giving the Sharpshooter the Sniper special rule wouldn't be totally out of place either and would justify the high price of Jezzers in general.

I'd also see Weapon Teams fielded as independant units rather than as unit attachments. I don't see why I can field two Doomwheels/HPAs/WLCs alongside 200 Slaves, but unless I've some Clanrats or Stormvermin too, not even a single Warpfire Thrower. I'd also see Warpfire Throwers and Ratling guns lose the Move or Fire special rule and I'd give it to Poisoned Wind Mortars...whoever thought that a flamethrower and machine gun are incapable of being fired on the move whilst a spring-loaded (at least, I hope it's spring loaded...I can't see a blackpowder mortar doing anything but shattering its payload) mortar that shoots delicate glass baubles can happily fire away whilst taking a stroll clearly didn't think about what they were saying!

m1acca1551
07-09-2011, 08:07
Empire knights getting a higher WS would be nice, they train for war yet a WS 4 is the best they get??? maybe inner circle get an additional upgrade + the S bonus... either that or great swords ws 5... i maybe pushing it :P

Grail knights become a heroic choice and have options almost like blood line powers, allows either a inspiring knight who's presence lifts the brettonian army to greater feats, a troop killer capable of messing up units by himself, or a character hunter...

Have either HE lose there ability to wield a GW like a candle (strikes first) or allow other armies heroes/lords to have the same or strike in I order... Swordmasters can keep there rules as thats there thing.

Dr Death
07-09-2011, 08:35
Well there's a few things scattered across the breadth of the game that i'd like to see. First i think full plate armour should be a standard wargear choice- there are enough armies who use it to make it worthwhile- the Empire (who it 'originated' from in the current form), Chaos (where it goes under the brand name Chaos Armour), Vampire Counts, quite probably Brettonia (although i do like their slightly antiquated medieval armour next to the empire's renaissance metal evening-suit), arguably the elves and dwarves too (though again, i think their archaic styles give them a unique flavour).

I'd love to see the return of skirmishing ghouls. I was argued down on this point before on the grounds that ghouls aren't trained skirmishing troops, but in terms of imagery and variety among the vampire counts, the skulking packs of ghouls give the army something it wouldn't otherwise have.

That said there are some things an army shouldn't have and Ungors with bows annoy me immensely. I know that chaos has in the past had missile troops but for the 13 years of chaos tradition that i've been witness to they are generally very short on them. If Ungor skirmishers have any ranged weapon it should be javelins. How Ungors and Gors work is something i'd change too. While i'm somewhat happy that they've returned to ranked regiments (that being what the game is based on after all) i wish they'd at least maintained the mixed herd which was a real source of uniqueness for the Beasts of Chaos. Failing that, i think all Ungors should become skirmishers rather than having a little from column A and a little from column B.

In terms of the Beastman Monsters, i'd like to see at least the dragon ogres returned from the Warriors and have some of the conceptually silly replacements like the Ghorgun removed from the list. On the subject of Dragon Ogres, i've actually been playing with the idea that since they are supposed to be these mighty apocalyptic beasts, having them ranked up like common trolls or ogres isn't the best way to depict them. Perhaps the common Dragon Ogre unit should be removed and the Shaggoth should become your basic dragon-ogre- a single centre-piece monster.

With Skaven, i've been wondering if it'd be worth integrating supporting weapon teams into the ranks of the regiments they're part of, like Night Goblin Netters or the savage orc big spear thing. The cavalry base admittedly would not fit into a regiment of 20x20mm bases nicely but it's something to consider.

Dr Death

warplock
07-09-2011, 08:46
Empire knights getting a higher WS would be nice, they train for war yet a WS 4 is the best they get???

All models in the game 'train for war' (except those with WS2 i.e. slaves). 'Trained for war' = WS3. WS4 would be an elite warrior - I think it's fitting for Knights.

Have either HE lose there ability to wield a GW like a candle (strikes first) or allow other armies heroes/lords to have the same or strike in I order... Swordmasters can keep there rules as thats there thing.

HE would have to be drastically reduced in price, in that case.

I agree with you about the Grail Knights though, that would be awesome.

The bearded one
07-09-2011, 10:11
I'd also see Warpfire Throwers and Ratling guns lose the Move or Fire special rule and I'd give it to Poisoned Wind Mortars...whoever thought that a flamethrower and machine gun are incapable of being fired on the move whilst a spring-loaded (at least, I hope it's spring loaded...I can't see a blackpowder mortar doing anything but shattering its payload) mortar that shoots delicate glass baubles can happily fire away whilst taking a stroll clearly didn't think about what they were saying!

This would most likely be the most overpowered change ever to a book that is strong already. You know how lizardmen salamanders have become really powerful since 8th edition? Now imagine that with a str5 D3 wounds template. Move or fire is the only thing keeping warpfirethrowers within the realm of sanity.

Keith_Lupton
07-09-2011, 14:17
I T8 with a rubbish save make sense - there's nothing between it's body and any attacks, so if something's capable of causing damage there's nothing further to deflect it.

Me, I would like slain zombies to not contribute towards CR, this represents the implacable hordes from the fluff - unlike both zombies and nearby wights exploding due to the zombies being attacked.
Perhaps make them M3 as well as they're supposed to shamble, doesn't make sense for them to run as fast as living humans

My issue with my Warsphynx is how the hell can a simple bowman at Str3 wound my T8 solid stone creation? Try throwing bits of wood at your house brick wall and watch it collapse into a heap on rubble!!

warplock
07-09-2011, 14:24
My issue with my Warsphynx is how the hell can a simple bowman at Str3 wound my T8 solid stone creation? Try throwing bits of wood at your house brick wall and watch it collapse into a heap on rubble!!

On the one hand it would be better if they'd not had the 'any strength can wound any toughness' aspect implemented, as you're right, how could an arrow or a sword blow affect a stone statue, or a steam tank, or an anvil? But on the other hand it would make those things so much more powerful, they'd have to be increased in cost by a ridiculous amount. Plus some armies just wouldn't have tools to cope with high toughness enemies, so it wouldn't be fair.

Jolly Puggles
07-09-2011, 16:48
This would most likely be the most overpowered change ever to a book that is strong already. You know how lizardmen salamanders have become really powerful since 8th edition? Now imagine that with a str5 D3 wounds template. Move or fire is the only thing keeping warpfirethrowers within the realm of sanity.

True enough. Having said that, WFTs are extremely limited in their use at the mo and for 70pts (at least for me) they're not pulling their weight, largely because they can't move and fire. The problem is that by the time you've managed to get one into a position where he can reliably get a decent shot in, you've also managed to make him a target for every magic missile, missile unit and fast cavalry charge your opponent has available and heavy armour and a 4+ Ward save for being near your parent unit just doesn't cut it compared to the amount of firepower being directed at that single model. It might just be the opponents I'm going up against at the moment (which are very cavalry heavy), but more often than not, my WFTs die before getting a single shot off.

Still, that's probably just a tactical issue I need to resolve more than a problem with the rules.

Regardless, I'd still see PW-Mortars with Move or Fire as well, though, if only for consistency.

The bearded one
07-09-2011, 18:09
Check the dwarf flamecannon first.. then we'll talk about them being limited and not pulling their weight :p

My own skaven will also have warpfirethrowers. My plan is to deploy them and their parent unit next to a slavetrain and bring the slaves into a combat they can tarpit and have the warpfirethrower fire into the combat the turn after that. The slaves should be able to hold up long enough.

Okuto
07-09-2011, 18:17
Let TK heal their characters....it's silly they can't maintain themselves....you figure for a civ that is obsessed with preserving themselves they'd be able to heal themselves.......

Von Wibble
07-09-2011, 20:00
While as a TK player I agree with you that Ushabti should be tougher, I don't think it make sense for the Sphinx to have a lower armour save than it already has. The high toughness represents how hard it is to hurt a stone object, I mean how do you hurt stone right? Once you wound/ chip the stone it takes damage, so it makes no sense for it to have a higher save. Besides I like the Sphinx being T8 as it sets it apart from the other monsters in the game.

Deff

I agree in principle, but the trouble is that a strength 3 attack has much better odds of hurtnig a sphinx than it does a stonehorn thanks to the stonehorns armour making a difference, but T8 being no better than T6 against low strength. If you could have a to wound chart containing 7+ (ie roll 6+ then 4+ if the toughness is 4 more or better than the strength) this would be fairer.

From a points value to performance perspective, the sphinx is fine btw - I certainly don't think its underpowered. You'd have to charge more for it if such a change ever were applied.

Deff Mekz
07-09-2011, 20:17
Oh yeah I agree with you on that point, I do think it's a bit silly that a giant stone contrust can be taken down with a few arrows. Oh and I also think the SPhinx is fine ruleswise.

Deff