PDA

View Full Version : 1000pt Bretonnia Army List for Tournament. Help!

Dead Money
03-09-2011, 04:01
Here is what I got so far:

Paladin (General)
Warhorse
Shield
Wyrmlance

Paladin (BSB)
Warhorse

Damsel of the Lady
Lvl 1

KotR x9
full cmd

KotR x9
full cmd

Men at Arms
full cmd
shields

Peasant Bowmen x 17

Total: 999

Thoughts?

Dead Money
03-09-2011, 07:54
Thanks for all the insightful feedback...

Yrrdead
03-09-2011, 08:03
I'll give you some bait feedback.

Ditch the men at arms. They are mediocre even fully combo'd (Beasts damsel , icon of quenelles , 40-50 strong). Grab a trebuchet.

Possible make your buses a little smaller. 3 x 6man KotR might work out better at this point level.

On a tactical note. Take advantage of your speed. Don't try to table your opponent. Pick out the easy targets, get ahead on VP's and play the avoidance game with your superior movement for the last turn or two. Count on losing your treb and bowmen.

Good luck and have fun.

Dark14
03-09-2011, 17:19
agreed ditch the M@A grab a treb. Can the wyrmlance be used in melee this edition? If not ditch it if so damn is it good...

Gaargod
03-09-2011, 21:23
Wyrmlance can and should be used in combat.

Are you sure you can afford 3 heroes? You might do better just taking BSB and damsel. Then you could take a lv2 damsel with scroll, and give the BSB Gromril Great Helm + Wyrmlance - should be sufficient protection with blessing. Those 2 will cost you 11pts less than 3 rather sparse heroes, and be frankly more useful - you only lose the LD8 general, but KotR are LD8 anyways...

I'd also agree with losing the men at arms. They're rather expensive for their stat lines. Trebuchets are on the other hand simply wrong. Seriously, take 2.

If my calculations are correct, you should end up with 8pts spare at the end? If so, take an extra bowman.

Artinam
03-09-2011, 21:28
You cannot use the breathweapon in closecombat as it is described in the item that it cannot be used in close combat.

I would make room for the Hero's in your lances (so you have a lance of 7 and 8 in the current hero setup. You could get another units of bowmen, or expand the Men-at-Arms unit.

Yrrdead
03-09-2011, 23:16
You cannot use the breathweapon in closecombat as it is described in the item that it cannot be used in close combat.

I would make room for the Hero's in your lances (so you have a lance of 7 and 8 in the current hero setup. You could get another units of bowmen, or expand the Men-at-Arms unit.

I think that you will find that the Wyrmlance is not played that way Artinam. The verbiage associated with the Wyrmlance is relating to not using the template in close combat because of the age of the book.

Play it as a Str 3 Breath Weapon with the rules on pg 67 of the main rulebook and you'll be fine.