PDA

View Full Version : To many units?

Chain
03-09-2011, 14:44
I was wondering if anyone know what the rules say if you have to many units/to large units to fit into your deployment zone?

are the rest placed as reinforcements?

Scalebug
03-09-2011, 15:39
You will have to decide with your opponent what to do, the game does not cover it, as it is not realistically going to be a problem.

TMATK
03-09-2011, 17:48
Q: During the random deployment on a Dawn Attack mission,
what happens if a unit is unable to deploy where the Deployment
table says it must, because it will not fit for example? (p145)
A: The unit is placed in reserve and will enter play in the first
turn using the rules for reinforcements on page 27

Dawn Attack is the only time it should really come up, unless your point size is way too big for your table.

The bearded one
03-09-2011, 17:51
or there is a lot of impassable terrain in your deployment zone.

Or you play a list with 1000 skaven slaves.

H33D
03-09-2011, 18:34
Friendly Game: Decide with your opponent. More than likely you will be deploying them as reinforcements or you will be finding a larger table.

Tournament: Talk to the Tournament Organizer. He will probably decide one of the methods above.

Personally, this shouldn't be a problem except in odd circumstances.

eron12
03-09-2011, 20:59
Use a bigger table. If you can't fit your units on it comfortably it's time to upgrade in size.

As to the impassable terrain, if I was fighting someone who delibretly loaded one deployment zone with impasisble terrain to the point where I couldn't deploy my army. I would seriously consider if I ever wanted to play said person again.

Wesser
03-09-2011, 21:14
I've gotten the problem with my Empire in the Battle of the pass scenario.

I played them as reserves and although this made some units conveniently untargetable, it also made it harder for them to get into position, so it was still fair.

are the rest placed as reinforcements?

I couldn't think of a more sensible solution.

T10
04-09-2011, 14:21
I've gotten the problem with my Empire in the Battle of the pass scenario.

I played them as reserves and although this made some units conveniently untargetable, it also made it harder for them to get into position, so it was still fair.

Seriously? The Battle of the Pass scenario gives each player larger deployment zones: On a "standard" 6 ft. by 4 ft. board you have the 8 square feet of deployment per side, as opposed to the Battleline scenario's 6 square feet.

-T10

Scalebug
04-09-2011, 15:01
Mmm... seemed strange to me too... a case of someone wanting to sit back at the end of the deeper deployment zone and shoot at the enemy, and then complaining there is no room?