PDA

View Full Version : Pit of Shades

ce13
04-09-2011, 20:26
So we're having a disagreement on how this spell works, can you weigh in? When moving the scatter of the template is every model under the template hit between where the template is originally placed and where it's final location is found to be? Every model under "the drag" essentially. Or is it more like a stone thrower that only the models under the final position are hit? Thanks for letting me know.

Yrrdead
04-09-2011, 21:11
Final position. If you are looking for some references see pg 9.

Chain
04-09-2011, 22:06
good it is so and not another purple sun -_-

One of the more over powered spells in the game especially when the one casting it and his unit all got high I and the entire enemy army got low I such as Old Tomb Kings...

Did once see a purple sun taking down 1/3 of a 6'th ed TK army in a 2500 point game...

It's a spell that seriously need to be limited( it move 30 inches through the army line )

doesn't make it better there's no range or line of sight requirements for purple sun :/

Mid'ean
05-09-2011, 02:36
good it is so and not another purple sun -_-

One of the more over powered spells in the game especially when the one casting it and his unit all got high I and the entire enemy army got low I such as Old Tomb Kings...

Did once see a purple sun taking down 1/3 of a 6'th ed TK army in a 2500 point game...
:/

Even funnier when they do it themselves. Played a TK army today and he had Arkahn. Tried to cast purple sun with him against my ogres. IF'd it, rolled a misfire....:evilgrin: Almost killed himself and took 15 TG and 8 arches in a unit behind them. Then lost the 2 spells/2 levels. All on turn 1...Great start to the game. At least from the ogres point of view.....:cool:

SideshowLucifer
06-09-2011, 03:41
Well at least Arkhan is still a level 5 wizard :D

Harwammer
06-09-2011, 10:09
Doesn't Arkhan have to be heirophant on account of being the highest level wizard, ergo should have been using the Nehk lore? Or have I misunderstood the heirophant selection rules?

Mr_Rose
06-09-2011, 10:15
Doesn't Arkhan have to be heirophant on account of being the highest level wizard, ergo should have been using the Nehk lore? Or have I misunderstood the heirophant selection rules?
No, you've missed Arkhan's rule that says he doesn't have to.