PDA

View Full Version : Ogre ironblaster cannon rules?

rocdocta
05-09-2011, 03:11
does it do damage from 2 cannon balls and roll 2 dice for the bounce and pick the highest and roll seperately for each damage or does it just do the damage from 1 shot and roll 2 dice for the bounce and pick the highest?

Saldiven
05-09-2011, 03:55
does it do damage from 2 cannon balls and roll 2 dice for the bounce and pick the highest and roll seperately for each damage or does it just do the damage from 1 shot and roll 2 dice for the bounce and pick the highest?

The multiple ball thing is merely fluff. (Did I just use "multiple ball" and "fluff" in the same sentence?)

The rule states that you merely roll two artillery dice and use the highest roll for the bounce distance. Additionally, the bounce only misfires if both dice come up as a misfire.

sulla
05-09-2011, 04:44
The multiple ball thing is merely fluff. (Did I just use "multiple ball" and "fluff" in the same sentence?)

The rule states that you merely roll two artillery dice and use the highest roll for the bounce distance. Additionally, the bounce only misfires if both dice come up as a misfire.
Whoa.... so it almost never misfires. Just what the game needed, an even more reliable cannon. :shifty:

Entreri Bloodletter
05-09-2011, 06:18
The original roll for distance can still misfire, it just means that you have a much greater chance of 'bouncing' further once the cannonball lands. It doesn't mitigate the actual misfire chance of blowing up and such

Nedar
05-09-2011, 14:08
Indeed...I don't see how people constantly think the cannon misfires less. You're rolling two dice for the bounce, has nothing to do with the firing of the bugger :P

Pick target.
Roll Artillery Dice and either misfire (pretty killer chart too) or add the number to guessed spot in inches.
Roll two more dice, and hit everything between point A and the largest of the two dice rolled...if two misfires then the balls all stick.

The bearded one
05-09-2011, 14:51
It has less chance of misfiring on the bounce, but equal chance of misfiring on the initial roll. Plus, I heard the misfire chart is atrociously evil.

Scammel
05-09-2011, 14:56
It isn't. Only a 1 on the misfire chart destroys it altogether and even if the cannon itself is destroyed or prevented from firing for a while you've still got a chariot that's probably one of the top 3 chariots in the game.

The bearded one
05-09-2011, 15:15
what are the other results of the misfire chart? I'm going to buy the book next thursday anyway, but I'm curious. Doesn't it spin around with one of the results?

Shamutanti
05-09-2011, 16:05
The Stonethrower's misfire (the scraplauncher?) is pretty horrendous - especially because the impact hits it can deliver (and the misplacing of your previous chariot-warmachine. The cannon one not -as- bad.

sulla
05-09-2011, 19:47
Indeed...I don't see how people constantly think the cannon misfires less. You're rolling two dice for the bounce, has nothing to do with the firing of the bugger :P
Well, I don't have the book. I can only go by what is quoted here.

Mr_Rose
05-09-2011, 22:21

Well, I don't have the book. I can only go by what is quoted here.

Which never, in the post you originally quoted yourself, mentioned anything other than the bounce.

sulla
06-09-2011, 06:00
Which never, in the post you originally quoted yourself, mentioned anything other than the bounce.Indeed a misread by me. So the first part of my reply was not accurate, but the second part was. In fact, it's more reliable and more accurate. It will hit more targets and more often than a standard cannon. Not sure if there was an upswelling of demand for more reliable, accurate cannons.