PDA

View Full Version : First attempt-2,000 pt.s skaven army

Fist full of Pills
05-09-2011, 05:12
Ok so after some helpful hints in the tactics thread I came up with this.
NOTE- Am going for a clan septik type of theme from the uniforms and heraldry book.

Warlord: Warlock-augmented weapon, Shield, War-litter, Foul pendant

Plague priest: AHW, LV 2, Shadow magnet, Plague furnace

30 Stormvermin: Musician, Standard bearer, Fangleader w/ tail weapon
~Warpfire thrower

30 Clanrats: Shields, Musician, Standard bearer, Clawleader
~Warpfire thrower

~Poisoned wind mortar

20 Giant rats w/3 Packmasters

40 Plague monks: Musician, Standard bearer w/ Plague banner, Bringer-of-the-word

8 Plague censer bearers

Doomwheel

Plaguclaw catapult

That puts me at 1935 pt.s. I should also menchen my opponents will be High elves, WoC, Vampires, and Dark elves. Have at it and thank you for your time.

ftayl5
05-09-2011, 06:08
Look's pretty decent to me. Only problem I have is the lack of numbers, unless you have something against slaves, I would advise spending your last 65pts on them, maybe even drop one of the Warpfire Throwers.

Also on the Giant Rats, unit's of 20 are bad. Simply because it's like their trying to play 2 roles at once - and they can't do either very well. I would split them up into 3 units of 5 rats + 1 master, that way they can make great deployment drops, redirectors and general pains in the ass for your opponent.

Also Plague Censer Bearers aren't great. But I commend you for taking them and sticking to your theme.

Fist full of Pills
05-09-2011, 06:17
I have nothing against slaves. Just saving to add them in just incase I needed to make some big changes. I have to ask should I equipt a unit with spears? Maybe just for the slaves?
Thanks for the imput oh the giant rats I am pretty new at warhammer fantasy so Im still learning. Lots of small "rat dart" units seem to be the way to go judging from some of these other lists.

Jolly Puggles
05-09-2011, 08:23
I don't mean to be all "you're getting your listhammer in my fluff!", but historically, the Clans Skryre and Pestilens have never been on good footing...it's a bit like the way Tzeentch and Nurgle don't get on too well. Clan Septic, being very much associated with Pestilens, is more likely to have resources from Eshin or Moulder than the heavy Skryre influence you appear to have in your list. For a more fluffy list, I'd recommend dropping the Doomwheel and weapon teams for some Rat Ogres, another unit of Plague Monks or more Censer Bearers (and even replace the Warlock-Augmented Weapon with a Blade of Corruption).

Slaves are usually best left unequipped. Keep them cheap and expendable. Giving them shields is an absolute no-no...it defeats the point of them. Giving them spears, if you happen to have a few spare points, can be worthwhile but rarely pays off. At least, that's been my experience. If you want to equip Slaves at all, go for slings. Just from a numbers point of view, Slaves with slings are horrific for your opponent. Even if they need 7's to hit, the sheer weight of shots is enough to equal a decent unit of archers worth twice (or more!) the points cost of your Slaves.

Fist full of Pills
07-09-2011, 15:48
This should bring me to 2,000 pt.s on the dot.

Warlord: Warlock-augmented weapon, Shield, War-litter, Foul pendant

Plague priest: AHW, LV 2, Shadow magnet, Plague furnace

30 Stormvermin: Musician, Standard bearer, Fangleader w/ tail weapon
~Warpfire thrower

~Warpfire thrower

~Poisoned wind mortar

20 Slaves

20 Slaves

15 Giant rats w/3 Packmasters( can be divided into 3 groups)

40 Plague monks: Musician, Standard bearer w/ Plague banner, Bringer-of-the-word

8 Plague censer bearers

Doomwheel

Plaguclaw catapult