PDA

View Full Version : 2500 Skryre Skaven

vinny t
05-09-2011, 14:08
So, I've been batting around an idea for a machine-heavy army for a while now, and it seems like Skaven have just the tools for the job. This list is made to be somewhat competitive, while still conveying the mechanical aspect that I want to do.

Ikit Klaw
-Fluffy choice for a general, and not too shabby with a 3+/5+ and some nice shooting augments

Warlock Engineer with Doomrocket
- Just a ubiquitous choice for every skaven army, and one that plays into this one perfectly

x3 Warlock engineers
- These guys just run around redirecting stuff. Otherwise, they are essentially useless

BSB with heavy armour and shield
- Basically just a BSB who tries not to die

24 Clanrats with Full command and a warpfire thrower
- This is a nice solid unit that won't immediately die in CC, and has a very powerful shooting attack that everyone should fear greatly.

- This is a nice solid unit that won't immediately die in CC, and has a very powerful shooting attack that everyone should fear greatly. So greatly, that I decided one unit wasn't enough.

- This is a nice solid unit that won't immediately die in CC, and has a very powerful shooting attack that everyone should fear greatly. So greatly, that 2 units weren't enough!

40 Slaves
- Tarpit and deployment

40 Slaves
- Tarpit and deployment

39 Stormvermin with Storm Banner and shields.
-Ikit Klaw's bodyguard. The storm banner doesn't affect anything in my army, so there is no reason not to take it. I plan to use lots of machine bits from some 40k vehicle sprues to emphasize their armour/shiled, and make them look like they have the best in skaven equipment.

6 Rat Ogres with 3 Packmasters
- These guys are pretty darn killy, and not enough points to be a huge loss if they die. They will be converted from Killa Kans, to make them look like some mad skaven engineer built them up. The pure warpstone fuel makes them work erratically, hence the frenzy. Naturally, I will be using skaven bits to make it apparent that they are skaven.

Doomwheel
- Love these guys. Good S, check, lightning bolt attack that just ruins monters, check, ability to move in any direction, check. Just a wonderful addition.

Doomwheel
- Love these guys. Good S, check, lightning bolt attack that just ruins monters, check, ability to move in any direction, check. Just a wonderful addition, which is why I took 2.

Hellpit Abomination
- Now, this guy is really awesome in the game. I also see it as an opportunity to show off some more mad tinkerings, but am kind of wondering what to use for it. Right now, I am thinking a Soul grinder with maybe some Rat Ogre bodies attatched to where the torso normally is. This would make it seem like a pillar of Rat-bodies were melded together. I love the ideas of the spider legs, which make it seem creepier.

2499 points

So, any ideas conversion or list-wise?

witchunter180
05-09-2011, 15:49
I don't think rat ogres are really clan skryre... in fact, I'm sure they're not :) I personally don't care for rat ogres anyway, as I find their WS too low for my needs, otherwise, you'd be better with more stormvermin (like the conversion idea though). Also at this point level a warp lightning cannon would be useful (or the plagueclaw, just remember the difference in how you use the two) but the abomination is really nice to have; my concern would be that the doomwheels start zapping your own guys too soon in the game. With 2 on the field, one is bound to zap your own packs.

It might not be bad to use the points to upgrade one of the engineers to at least a lvl1 wizard. I tend to run them with the slaves as their own little retinue; you can imagine an engineer running along the battlefield thinking "how would this spell work" and then testing it on his slaves :D Hope this helps.