PDA

View Full Version : 3,000 point High Elves

Kaiserdean
05-09-2011, 16:02
Thanks to Isle of Blood, I've got a start on a High Elf army and I've been toying around with points to flush it out to 3k for a potential 'ard Boyz list.

Here's what I think looks good on paper but I want to get opinion of more experienced HE generals. I'm not sure about taking the Prince on a griffon, but I love the model... Also, I'm not sure if the special choices are large enough or if I should cut one unit and beef up the others into hoards.

Prince on Griffon - armor of caledor, great weapon
Archmage - level 4, lore of life, book of hoeth
Mage - level 2, lore of shadows, dispell scroll, ironcurse icon

20 spearmen - full command
20 spearmen - full command
25 seaguard - full command, banner of eternal flame

25 swordmasters - full command
24 phoenix guard - full command, banner of sorcery
25 white lions - full command

1 bolt thrower

Yakovs
05-09-2011, 16:28
nothing wrong with using the Griffon as a Great eagle, especially if you paint it brown, so using that model i would go with something like:
Prince, Eagle, Enchanted Shield, Lance, Vambraces of defense, Dragon armour. (better than the griffon prince as the eagle can't get shot out from under him)
Archmage - level 4, lore of life, book of hoeth (don't need more than 1 mage)
Noble - BSB, Dawnstone, Armour of caledor. (gotta have a bsb)

35 spearmen - full command (20 too small 30-35 is best)
30 seaguard - full command, banner of eternal flame

2x 14 Swordmasters - Musc/Standard (keep em small and killy)
19 phoenix guard - full command, banner of sorcery (only need to be 20 In my opinion)
25 white lions - full command

2x Eagles (could swap this for a Boltthrower if you really wanted to although i don't rate them highly and love eagles)

3k < not sure if this is exactly right drop white lions down to 21 if it's too many points