PDA

View Full Version : Skink Weapon Options

mooserehab86
05-09-2011, 16:27
A while ago a friend gave me a whole bunch of old (5th edition) Lizardmen models and I've recently begun painting them up. The shoebox he gave me included 94 of ye olde single-pose plastic skinks with short bows... however I don't think I've ever seen them mentioned in recent Lizardmen discussions.

So what I'm wondering is, can skinks still have bows? Or do I need to convert them/use them as something else? I know I could just buy the book, but I'm planning on using that as a reward for painting the models first.

jtrowell
05-09-2011, 19:50
Just use them by usig the rules for blowguns, and imagine that they fire small poisonned arrows

Chain
05-09-2011, 20:07
A while ago a friend gave me a whole bunch of old (5th edition) Lizardmen models and I've recently begun painting them up. The shoebox he gave me included 94 of ye olde single-pose plastic skinks with short bows... however I don't think I've ever seen them mentioned in recent Lizardmen discussions.

So what I'm wondering is, can skinks still have bows? Or do I need to convert them/use them as something else? I know I could just buy the book, but I'm planning on using that as a reward for painting the models first.

Well atleast the Skinks back then had 2 different appearances as far as I recall, so even though you can't alter their movements unless greenstuffed It's not as bad as for instance 4'th ed Gors where granted you could changed shield but all models were all 8 looked the same.

Now skinks got more ways to look but personally i think the old Skinks looked better suited on the battlefield compared to the more goofy ones of the current edition.

Scalebug
05-09-2011, 22:47
I also liked the "smoother", original skinks better.

"counts as" blowpipes, pointed out to your opponent before hand, or cutting them off and replacing with a piece of metal wire, if you are ambitious. IIRC at least one of the poses is fairly simple to convert, with the bow "free", the other one is a bit more time-consuming, holding it against the leg. Still doable though.

someone2040
06-09-2011, 00:17
It's kinda funny that back in 5th ed, Skinks had scaly skin but didn't have it on the models. Yet 6th ed plus rolls around and skinks no longer have scaly skin, but the models do!

But yeah, count them as blowpipes if you don't want to convert them. Easiest thing to do, and as long as you are counting all the shortbows as blowpipes in the list, it should be fine and no issues.