PDA

View Full Version : New to Fantasy,Need Help -Woc 2k-

joevmt
06-09-2011, 07:24
I have just stepped into the realm of fantasy and is having trouble understanding the fundamentals of the game when it comes to list building. I chose WoC because they are tough and would like to carry this theme of invincibility (sort of) to my army. The reason I need help because the first match I played against Ogres and my whole army was wiped out without causing a single casualty .

Here is my updated list. *Comments will be deeply appreciated*

Lords
1. Sorcerer Lord = 330
- LV4, 3rd eye of Tzeentch, Infernal puppet, armor of morrsliep
Heroes
1. Exalted Hero = 185
- BSB, Sword of might, enchanted shield, seed of rebirth, blood curling roar
2. Wulfrik the wanderer = 185 -OR-
Chaos sorcerer = 190
- LV 2, MoN, Dispel Scrollx2

Core
1. Chaos Warriors x 18 = 363
- MoT, Shield x 13, GW x 5, Full Command, Rapturous Standard
2. Chaos Marauders x 30 =216
- Full Command, GW x 30, Light Armor, MoT
3. Chaos Marauders x 17 = 122
- MoT, Shield X 17, Light Armor x 17
4. Marauder Horsemen x 5 = 122
- Light Armor x5, Flails x5, Throwing Axe x5, Standard Bearer, MoT
5. Chaos Warhound x 5 = 30
6. Chaos Warhound x 5 = 30
7. Chaos Warhound x 5 = 30

Special
1. Dragon Orgre x 3 = 231
- GW x 3

Rare
2. Chaos Warshrine = 150
- MoT

Total: 1,999/2,000

My tactic here is straight up basic. I will attempted to flank as much as possible with my DO while my MH will annoy my opponent by getting in close and run. While my hounds are there to make the numbers, going IG here, that their job is to die! While most of my lord and BsB will be in the warrior squad, wulfrik or the sorcerer will be in the large CM blob. The main goal is to run in, take hits, things die, get into CC from all sides, the end (for either me or him!)

Any helps, tips, adjustments will be appreciated. The blood god will shine on those who comment!!!

Thanks

RandomSpecific
07-09-2011, 00:45
Lords
1. Sorcerer Lord = 330
- LV4, 3rd eye of Tzeentch, Infernal puppet, armor of morrsliep
Heroes
1. Exalted Hero = 185
- BSB, Sword of might, enchanted shield, seed of rebirth, blood curling roar
2. Wulfrik the wanderer = 185 -OR-
Chaos sorcerer = 190
- LV 2, MoN, Dispel Scrollx2

Core
1. Chaos Warriors x 18 = 363
- MoT, Shield x 13, GW x 5, Full Command, Rapturous Standard
2. Chaos Marauders x 30 =216
- Full Command, GW x 30, Light Armor, MoT
3. Chaos Marauders x 17 = 122
- MoT, Shield X 17, Light Armor x 17
4. Marauder Horsemen x 5 = 122
- Light Armor x5, Flails x5, Throwing Axe x5, Standard Bearer, MoT
5. Chaos Warhound x 5 = 30
6. Chaos Warhound x 5 = 30
7. Chaos Warhound x 5 = 30

Special
1. Dragon Orgre x 3 = 231
- GW x 3

Rare
2. Chaos Warshrine = 150
- MoT

Total: 1,999/2,000

couple of things i spotted that ill comment on. to my mind 700 odd points is too many on characters in 2000, it works for some but id rather get more bodies. id keep the level 4 and take a bsb and call it a day and wait for 2500 before backing up with a level 2, but thats just me.

the first group of warrios, is that 5 great weapons? might be misreading that but if it is youll need to change it to all or no one. also gws on warriors wastes their awsome initative (halberds are offensive weapon of choice) and also their parry + MoT ward stack bonnus, apologies if it ment something else.

first marauders. somewhat confused set up and too small. GWs are best with mok and 40+ bodies and thats it. the light armour isnt going to do much at all and a 6+ ward is better than nothing but id rather streamline the offensive nature of the block than half heartedly try and protect them.

the second unit is not going to achieve anything, its far too small for this edition. id drop this unit and the horsemen who can sometimes work as war machine hunters but will quickly be paniced and flee with that mark (MoS shines on such a unit if you wish to keep it) use the points and a few others scrapped from streamlining the rest of the list to get a second block of marauders with mok and GW, giving you three good blocks to base your army around.

hounds : excellent, although dont be afraid to chop one unit for more points on the blocks.

drogers, this is kind of a taste unit, some people love them, but their weak I causes some concern. see how they roll for you. they can work just fine, but consider knights or trolls (who are worse I yes, but regen is a big plus) if they dont work out for you.

anyway, just a few thoughts.

joevmt
07-09-2011, 05:29
thanks for the advice,

I have adjusted the list to add numbers to my GW marauder blocks as well as adding another unit of CoW with halberds. After thinking about it, 700 pts is a lot for just 3 characters so I decided to chop the back up caster in favor for adding numbers to the list.