PDA

View Full Version : A diffrent marine army-- DROP POD GOODNESS

spongebob103
11-04-2006, 07:51
Hi im doing an army based on models that I like. I do belive that it could be effective as I learn how to use. Heres the list

Epistolary librarian with - s.o.t.e.w and f.o.td. also has terminator honours bolt pistol and teleprter homer. Command squad 1 with melta gun 1 is a vet sarg with power fist. Mounted in Drop pod 266 points

6 marines 1 with plasma gun 1 is a vet with power fist. 160 points Mounted in drop pod (marines have bolters)

6 marines 1 with melta gun 1 is a vet with power fist. 160 points Mounted in drop pod (marines have bolt pistols and ccw)

dreadnought with extra armour and drop pod 135 points

10 grey knights 1 with incenerator. justicar has melta bombs. 290 points (fast attack)

1011 points...

Any tips?
I will have pics of the 1st plasma gunner up tommorow!!!:eek:

firestorm40k
11-04-2006, 08:45
Hey, my Marine army's themed around a Drop Pod force, so I say go for it! I've used deep-striking drop pod marines in 1,500 point battles before, and they can be pretty damn devestating - especially in the 'Planet Fall' scenario in the previous Marine 'dex.

Looking forward to seeing your first painted minis! :cool:

Oh, and btw, will you be making Drop Pods for them? That's something I've not yet had the time, courage or finances to attempt with my Drop-force!

spongebob103
11-04-2006, 11:28
Well im going to be using cups for the time being... But will (once I get a job) get some drop pods. Its hard for a 14 yr old to get a job. I guess it more a case of my lack of motivation. Nearly done a plasma gunner!:D

asmodai_dark86
11-04-2006, 15:01
HA! lack of motivation

I'm 20 and I don't have a job, its got nowt to do with your age.

Then again I am a student...

It seems like your grey knights are bumping up the cost of your force so you have to buy fewer models - don't get me wrong I did the same thing when I was your age and it made me into a damn good player (work with what you have, not what you cant). Maybe change the grey knights to a command squad - that gives you possibly a few points free to beef them up, and other goodness

Lame Duck
11-04-2006, 16:36
Ummm, are you sure grey knights can be used with space marines? I forget...

As for basing a force on cool models, good luck. I usuall base army lists on fluff and cool models but they slowly and surely change into a more competitive and not as entertaining force. Hope you keep clear of that sort of nonsence!

Brush your teeth
11-04-2006, 16:40
yeah grey knight can go with any imperial force so the lists fine.

also it sounds like a cool idea, i always start my armies with models i like.

DeadMilkman
11-04-2006, 22:17
Actually, Grey Knights cause you to lose the Drop Pod Assault rule, so while you could have Grey Knights as part of your army, you couldn't put the rest of the army in Drop Pods. Check the Daemonhunters FAQ 4.0.

Scorpio
11-04-2006, 22:30
Well im going to be using cups for the time being... But will (once I get a job) get some drop pods. Its hard for a 14 yr old to get a job. I guess it more a case of my lack of motivation. Nearly done a plasma gunner!:D

Not hard to get a job try your local golf course...
Sounds like you have got a good army going and I cant wait to see the GK I am planning on using some as well.

-Scorpio

spongebob103
12-04-2006, 00:31
Epistolary librarian with - s.o.t.e.w and f.o.td. also has terminator honours bolt pistol and teleprter homer. Command squad 1 with melta gun 1 is a vet sarg with power fist. Mounted in Drop pod 266 points

6 marines 1 with plasma gun 1 is a vet with power fist. 160 points Mounted in drop pod (marines have bolters)

6 marines 1 with melta gun 1 is a vet with power fist. 160 points Mounted in drop pod (marines have bolt pistols and ccw)

1016 points...

I need to drop 16 points...

(sorry I got rid of the g.k I just really wanted to use the drop pod rules but I PROMISE I will paint up one that looks like it has "shrouding" on.)

spongebob103
12-04-2006, 01:45
Here we are!!! I will finish him off today. He is a test model for the colour scheme and I am aware there is a bit of flash on his arms. Belive me I am really pissed. :cries:

http://s48.photobucket.com/albums/f214/spongebob103/?action=view&current=IMG_0062.jpg

http://s48.photobucket.com/albums/f214/spongebob103/?action=view&current=IMG_0061.jpg

Also when I do the G.K Im thinking of doing this kinda highlighting

http://s48.photobucket.com/albums/f214/spongebob103/?action=view&current=ac504c82.jpg

Inquisitor Konig
12-04-2006, 02:49
yey!!! drop pod space marine armies are really cool. ive been toying with one for a while now but it is acturaly third on my army to-do list. maybe ill be able to put some pics of my "burrowing" drop-pods on the internet someday.

have you thought about using the "trust your battle brothers" chapter trait? true grit and counter attack are both really good when you drop in on your enemy. since you cannot charge when you deep strike, you can blast your foe with the rapid firing bolters, then when he charges you in his turn, you benifet from two close combat weapons. in my army i also take the trait (forgot what it is called) that allows you to take two special weapons... this again helps in the shooting fase right when you drop in on the poor bastard...

HPD_Andy
12-04-2006, 06:52
Well I've made two drop pods (in about three days) from the plans the French GW site posted and then removed. I am hoping to get some pictures posted and a turorial if people are interested but work is taking up a good chunck of time right now. Scratch built drop pods are pretty lite on the the pocketbook too!

Inquisitor Konig
12-04-2006, 08:58
oh yeah, ive seen those teplates. cant wait to see what you did with em.

Wildoxmoan
12-04-2006, 21:19
Hello, I realize this is slightly off topic, but seeing as you're using drop pods, I was wondering where you find the information regarding Drop Pod capacity. I take it looking at your list they can hold 7 Space Marines or a Dreadnaught...are there any other formations that will fit into a D.P.?
Thanks!!

Cheatah
12-04-2006, 22:01
It's in codex SM

5 terminators fit into one as well

spongebob103
13-04-2006, 00:38
Scouts... Any tips on the paint scheme?

spongebob103
13-04-2006, 10:15
Ok I dont like the other colour scheme as it is to bright and I didnt get any feedback... I made a vet sarg with p/f and c/s. I will paint him up as a flesh tearer and see how it goes.