PDA

View Full Version : Dark elves for my first 1000pts game

Texhnolyze
06-09-2011, 20:33
Hey!

Might be in for some games next week, and since I'm stepping up from 750pts games, I need to plan a new list for my first ever 1000pts game!
This also means that I might need some new models, the ones in red text are the ones I plan on buying.

The list consists of all the models I got, so any changes will also need to be bought. (Well I got 10 executioners also, but one of them will be my Master)

The guys I play with run, Dwarfs(or Empire), Beastmen, and Ogre kingdoms.

Well this is what I have in mind.

Sorceress:115
Lv1, Tome of Furion
She'll go with the Crossbowmen, I haven't decided on her lore yet, death or fire. I don't want dark, and shadow is too expensive

Master:134
Heavy Armour, Soulrender, Pendant of Khaeleth
This guy will probably be the army general, and he'll go with the corsairs, to provide some needed high str attacks. I guess the pendant will be enough. And it should not be to cheesy, since his mundane save is only 5+

Core:

20 Corsairs:250
Full command, Sea Serpent Standard
These guys will be my core fighting block, will deploy them 7x3 with the Master, and let them do their thing.

16 Crossbowmen:196
Full command
Will shoot things up, and protect one of the corsair flanks, can also reform to make a 5x3 combat unit.

5 Cold one knights:215
Full command, Standard of Discipline, Deathpiercer
Will try to run these down one flank, and see if I can beat something up. The standard is there to give them ld10 for stupidity. And I figured the lance would be fun to try and get a lucky killingblow on some character if I get the chance

5 Shades:85
two hand weapons
Just disruption unit, I'll try to be as annoying with them as I can ^^

Total:995pts

tmarichards
06-09-2011, 21:33
Fire would be the best bet for a level 1 mage. I'd also drop the Tome for a Dispel Scroll.

Give the knights the Standard of Hag Graef instead, and swap the champion for another knight.

Texhnolyze
06-09-2011, 22:07
Fire would be the best bet for a level 1 mage. I'd also drop the Tome for a Dispel Scroll.

Give the knights the Standard of Hag Graef instead, and swap the champion for another knight.

I need another 10 points free from the character section to change the tome for a dispel scroll. I'm at 249pts for heroes (250 is max at 1000pts), so I cant...

Also I only got 5 knights, I'll need to buy another pack just for the 6th knight ^^

Maby it's to much with both a master and a sorc in 1k, but I really want 1 combat character :S

tmarichards
06-09-2011, 22:12
In that case, I'd swap the Tome for the Channelling Staff