PDA

View Full Version : Be'lakor - Storm of Magic Rules in 8th Ed.

CaptainFaramir
07-09-2011, 09:21
All,

As you may or may not know (or care), I am currently putting together a Malal themed army. Despite some convoluted character development over the past couple of decades, there is a general consensus that Be'lakor was GW's attempt to reintroduce a "Malal-style" character into the Warhammer world. (Note how Malal's champion "Kaleb" is the first two syllables reversed of "Be'lak"or).

Anyway, I want to stick Be'lakor in my army list as a DP and I found these special rules on-line from the old Storm of Chaos. Note to MODS - this link is hosted by someone else but appears to be a directing extracting from the now OOP Storm of Chaos book. If you want to remove the link please do so, but let me know so I can put a fuller summary of the rules up.

http://rosters.mysteria.cz/ostatni/download/SoC%20-%20Daemonic%20Legion.pdf

The long and the short is - do you feel that the rules for Be'lakor are balanced (points wise or otherwise) for a 8th Ed. game?

In summary:
- Great stats;
- Level 4 Wizard with some very useful (and cheaply cast) spells;
- 5+ ward and instability;
- Killer in combat (re-roll his own hits at I9);
- Good distance defence against non-warmarchines (-1 to hit, miscasts on all doubles).
- 650 points.

Lord Zarkov
07-09-2011, 09:34
I would let any Daemon Player use him in SoM. Heck I'd let any Daemon Player use him full stop, Be'lakor is awesome cool.

He's the price of a GD with not quite such a good statline (although Ld10 :D ), and his magic lore, while the spells are mostly quite cheap, aren't as devastating as either the rulebook lores or even the current daemon ones (yes Fog of Death will hit quite a lot, but then it'll hit his own army as well).

Yrrdead
07-09-2011, 09:34
Took a gander at his rules. If you wanted to use him in a SoM game vs me I wouldn't mind. Pretty expensive, abilities and spells are not over the top in my opinion. Though the army wide -1 to hit is kinda nifty but again not a huge deal.

Though I'm not sure this is the best forum for this question.

sulla
07-09-2011, 19:28
I would let any Daemon Player use him in SoM. Heck I'd let any Daemon Player use him full stop, Be'lakor is awesome cool.

He's the price of a GD with not quite such a good statline (although Ld10 :D ), and his magic lore, while the spells are mostly quite cheap, aren't as devastating as either the rulebook lores or even the current daemon ones (yes Fog of Death will hit quite a lot, but then it'll hit his own army as well).

So, on a fulcrum he's a lvl4 with Ld10 and a 3++. There is noone better at wizard duels. I doubt he'd use anything other than the cantrips. Will he be better than a lord of change? I doubt it. Glean magic is sooooo powerful in SoM.

Try him out and see.