PDA

View Full Version : Empire 2750

Rokyt
07-09-2011, 09:32
Arch Lector of Sigmar, general, Great Weapon, War Altar, Armor of Meteoric Iron, Dawnstone, Van Horstman's Speculum
Wizard Lord, Level 4, Rod of Power, Holy Relic, shadow
Battle Wizard Level 2 Upgrade, Dispel Scroll, metal
Captain of the Empire BSB? Hand Weapon; Full Plate Armor, Banner of Eternal Flame
Master Engineer
Captain of the Empire Full Plate Armor; Shield, Pegasus, Sword of Fate, Potion of Speed
Warrior Priest of Sigmar Great Weapon; Heavy Armour
Warrior Priest of Sigmar Hand Weapon; Heavy Armour; Shield

50 Halberdiers FCG
30 Flagellant Warband, Prophet of Doom

38 Greatswords Mus; Std;
6 Pistoliers, Outrider with Repeater Pistol

Helblaster Volley Gun
Helstorm Rocket Battery
Mortar
Great Cannon

Hi everybody, Iľl attend 2750 pts. tournament and I want to take army like this with me. Unfortunately it doesnīt fulfil minimum core requirement so I need to add some core unit istead of some other unit (or character). I plan to use a unit of 10 -15 handgunners which could serve also as a bunker for my mages. Which unit (or char) would you replace? I plan to place each priest to one large infantry block (halb. and GS) to make these units more dangerous. The question is - are both priests (and mainly their ability to add hatred to my hordes) worth the points? I believe they are, with 30 attacks produced by that unit hatred can be very usefull...Main purpose of captasus is to harass enemy characters, fast cavalry and warmachines, I want to take rod of power AND dispel scroll, thatīs why I have battle wizard on my list. I like variable larmies so that I take differnet units, I didnīt want to place for example 3 identical warmachines and so on.

Algovil
07-09-2011, 12:28
Seems like you have many points in characters, I would thin that area down a bit, and get another mortar and cannon for the points, I do not believe in a semideathstar greatsword unit for the Empire.

Morax
07-09-2011, 16:49
Arch Lector of Sigmar, general, Great Weapon, War Altar, Armor of Meteoric Iron, Dawnstone, Van Horstman's Speculum

The armor is a bit of overkill. With the +1 to your armor save from being mounted and the 4++ supplied by the war altar the dawn armor is a cheaper option that provides almost as much protection and A-saves you some points and B-frees up that combo for a BSB/Warrior priest.

Wizard Lord, Level 4, Rod of Power, Holy Relic, shadow

Shadow has a lot of range built into the lore. As such you should be able to keep him out of combat and safely in a bunker/hiding behind a unit. I'd drop the holy relic in light of that.

Battle Wizard Level 2 Upgrade, Dispel Scroll, metal

Metal is a so so lore at the best of times, a single level 2 is hardly the best of times. I'd take either the lore of fire, beasts, light or death.

Beasts and fire for the amazing signature spells that they have. Fire has an added benefit of two awesome spells that help the empire every game that are easy to cast (flaming sword of ruin and fulminating flame cage). If you get either of them I'd keep them and swap the other for fire ball, which is always a nice spell to have.

Light and death are both great lores that have good synergy with the empire. The problem with both of them is that you need to get lucky with getting the spells you need. Lore of death is the more problematic of the two as it has spells that do little to help while lore of light has useful spells but some are less useful then others.

Captain of the Empire BSB? Hand Weapon; Full Plate Armor, Banner of Eternal Flame

The low leaderships of the empire are the primary reason for taking a BSB. Anything that detracts from this role needs to be carefully looked at. Staying in the rear with the gear is a bad place for leadership rerolls. I'd give him the Armour of Meteoric Iron and maybe the dawnstone as his importance is just that high.

Master Engineer

Always a nice choice. I never leave home without one.

Captain of the Empire Full Plate Armor; Shield, Pegasus, Sword of Fate, Potion of Speed

Capasus is a nifty trick and he looks cool. The problem with him is he is almost always worse at his job then a cannon supported by an engineer, which is almost the same amount of points.

Warrior Priest of Sigmar Great Weapon; Heavy Armour
Warrior Priest of Sigmar Hand Weapon; Heavy Armour; Shield

The hitting power these guys provide will not be overlooked by your opponent. They therefor need to be protected inorder to provide the hatred bonus to the unit they have joined. Either go heavy armor shield or take a magic armor like the armor of meteroic iron. Heavy armor alone will see a dead warrior priest quickly.

50 Halberdiers FCG
30 Flagellant Warband, Prophet of Doom

Very nice core selections. I'd give crossbows a serious look at that extra unit to included. The extra range can often give you an extra turn of str 4 shooting.

38 Greatswords Mus; Std;
6 Pistoliers, Outrider with Repeater Pistol

Some people swear by greatswords, and yeah I hear their arguments, I still think halberdiers do the same thing for cheaper.

The Pistoliers however are not the best use of points. Like the capasus, the great cannon just does the same job but better. Also at leadership 7 the are likely to get panic'd off the board quickly. I'd either include a musician, which I don't really suggest, or drop them all togeather.

Helblaster Volley Gun
Helstorm Rocket Battery
Mortar
Great Cannon

I get the idea not to take 3 of the same thing all over the army. 2 of the samething however is a different matter. Some redundancy is needed to make warmachines worth taking. I'd drop the Volley Gun and take either a second rocket battery or great cannon. Either will out preform the volley gun most games and are less like to explode, giving a decent chunk of points to your opponent.

Hi everybody, Iľl attend 2750 pts. tournament and I want to take army like this with me. Unfortunately it doesnīt fulfil minimum core requirement so I need to add some core unit istead of some other unit (or character). I plan to use a unit of 10 -15 handgunners which could serve also as a bunker for my mages. Which unit (or char) would you replace? I plan to place each priest to one large infantry block (halb. and GS) to make these units more dangerous. The question is - are both priests (and mainly their ability to add hatred to my hordes) worth the points? I believe they are, with 30 attacks produced by that unit hatred can be very usefull...Main purpose of captasus is to harass enemy characters, fast cavalry and warmachines, I want to take rod of power AND dispel scroll, thatīs why I have battle wizard on my list. I like variable larmies so that I take differnet units, I didnīt want to place for example 3 identical warmachines and so on.

All in all I'd drop the capasus/volley gun/pistoliers in favor of a second great cannon, a second rocket battery and that core unit you need. If I had to pick one or the other to double up on I'd take the cannon as you will often outnumber your opponent so the large blast isn't as essential as the hard hitting shot to take out monsters.

MrCarbohydrate
08-09-2011, 04:10
I'd drop the Pegasus Captain for sure. You need a second cannon first and foremost; how does this army deal with, say, a hugely pumped up Chaos Lord that you're sure to see at this high a points game? Cannon. Heck, how do you deal with anything big as Empire? Cannon.
I would probably drop to 40 Halbreds as well. And would drop out the Greatswords, probably. I like Greatswords, but they never do anything for me. Even though I use them in one of my armies, so, what do I know.
I'd add Handgunners, at least 2 units of 10-15, and a second Mortar as well. Mortars are just great at wiping blocks of infantry.

My 2 cents, which may or may not actually be worth 2 cents.