mark of khorne
musician
standart bearer
standart of diciple
Total 275

Army Total 2750

nickray84
07-09-2011, 16:02
I was expecting to a block of chosen w/ 1 or 2 warshrines. To me that MAKES a competitive WoC list. Other then that, all the comp playesr i play in my group never run knights or warhounds anymore although they do have their uses.

Morax
07-09-2011, 17:17
I plan to use the list at a tournement
lords
sorcerer lord
lore of death
blood of Tzeentch
crown of command
Lvl 4
collar of khorne
the brose armour of Zhhrakk
Total 370

Lore of Death is a bit of a waste for the warriors of chaos army. It focuses on killing characters, something that the WoC do well already. I would go with augementing something that the warriors of chaos have trouble with. Lore of Metal, Lore of Shadow, and the Lore of Tzeentch are all great choices for this. High armor save targets can be hard for WoC to deal with as you don't often go over strength 5. Also the third eye of tzeentch would be a nice addition as it often gives you a whole second lore to choose from. That second lore is also something that is usually not available to the WoC which is even nicer.

heroes
Exalted hero
bsb
talisman of presevation
iron curse icon
Khorne
Total 200

exalted hero
berserker sword
Khorne
Total 175

chaos sorcerer
infernal puppet
obsidian tricked
Lvl 2
Total 170

BSB ought to be mark of tzeentch for the better save and should be carrying either a halberd or a shield. 4 Attacks at str5/6 is more then enough to kill characters and he is too important to the army to lose. Since you have no units with the mark of tzeentch, the iron curse icon is subpar and should be dropped in favor of eye of the gods, I'll explain why lower.

The Second exalted hero should be droped infavor of more troops. Ask yourself, would you rather have 5-7 attacks at strength 5 with 2 wounds or 20 strength 5 attacks with 10 wounds? A unit of 10 warriors is just about the same number of points but far deadlier.

The Chaos sorcerer, MR is next to useless for a WoC army imo. Most of the damaging spells that will be targeted against you will not allow saves anyway, why waste the points. Much better option to give him the enchanted shield to keep your puppet around longer.

core
20 chaos warriors
halbards
mark of khorne
full command
lichbone pennant
Total 395

20 chaos warriors
halbards
mark of khorne
standart of diciple
full command
Total 395

20 chaos warriors
halbards
mark of khorne
gleaming pennant
full command
Total 395

5 chaos warhounds 30

5 chaos warhounds 30

5 chaos warhounds 30

3 units of hounds works out well, nice screens and redirectors. The units of warriors I am assuming that they are getting deployed 7 wide with a character in each. Nice size for each of them. I would take the wailing banner on one of the units of warriors however and I'll explain why below.

Special
5 Chaos knights
mark of nurgle
banner of rage
standart bearer
musician
Total 295

5 chaos knights
mark of khorne
musician
standart bearer
standart of diciple
Total 275

2 units of knights is a bit of a waste and one of them is illegal as is carries a banner that is used else where. For around the same number of points you could field 2 warshrines with the mark of Tzeentch, which I would highly suggest. With the above changes you could, instead of fielding that unit of 10 warriors, field a third warshrine with mark of tzeentch. Warshrines make ideal flankers with T6 and a 3++ save as they will almost never die in that position and will get you atleast a +2 to combat res every turn. They will also make the unit with the wailing banner and the bsb hard a nails from the buffs they pump out. No need for chosen at that point as the warriors will hit just about as hard.

Army Total 2750

All in all a solid list that needs just a few tweeks to be competitive. The warriors of chaos have some nasty combos and if you are going into the tournament crowd you will be needing every last one of them. Any just a few thoughts that make help you look at things a little differently.

cain the betrayer
08-09-2011, 21:56
I made a few adjustments to the list like removing the exalted hero and a unit Knights but i only took 2 Warshrines because you can only have 2 of the same rare unit.

lords
sorcerer lord
lore of shadow
blood of Tzeentch
crown of command
Lvl 4
Third eye of Tzeentch
Collar of khorne
Total 380

heroes
Exalted hero
bsb
talisman of presevation
Tzeentch
favour of the gods
Total 190

chaos sorcerer
infernal puppet
enchanted shield
lore of death
Lvl 2
Total 170

core
27 chaos warriors
halbards
mark of khorne
full command
wailing banner
Total 542

20 chaos warriors
halbards
mark of khorne
standart of diciple
full command
Total 395

20 chaos warriors
halbards
mark of khorne
gleaming pennant
full command
Total 385

5 chaos warhounds 30

5 chaos warhounds 30

5 chaos warhounds 30

Special
5 Chaos knights
mark of nurgle
banner of rage
standart bearer
musician
Total 295

rare
chaos warshrine
Tzeentch
Total 150

chaos Warshrine
Tzeentch
Total 150

Army Total 2750

Morax
09-09-2011, 13:14
.....How did I miss that....must come from playing too many games at 3k+. You are absolutely right about only being able to take 2 warshrines. The new list looks solid and should be hard for just about everyone to handle.

lisaundead
12-09-2011, 09:44
I made a few adjustments to the list like removing the exalted hero and a unit Knights but i only took 2 Warshrines because you can only have 2 of the same rare unit.

lords
sorcerer lord
lore of shadow
blood of Tzeentch
crown of command
Lvl 4
Third eye of Tzeentch
Collar of khorne
Total 380

heroes
Exalted hero
bsb
talisman of presevation
Tzeentch
favour of the gods
Total 190

chaos sorcerer
infernal puppet
enchanted shield
lore of death
Lvl 2
Total 170

core
27 chaos warriors
halbards
mark of khorne
full command
wailing banner
Total 542

20 chaos warriors
halbards
mark of khorne
standart of diciple
full command
Total 395

20 chaos warriors
halbards
mark of khorne
gleaming pennant
full command
Total 385

5 chaos warhounds 30

5 chaos warhounds 30

5 chaos warhounds 30

Special
5 Chaos knights
mark of nurgle
banner of rage
standart bearer
musician
Total 295

rare
chaos warshrine
Tzeentch
Total 150

chaos Warshrine
Tzeentch
Total 150

Army Total 2750

Very interesting list. Just wondered where you would place your heroes...in with blocks of warriors or floating around on their own.
The Tzeentch BSB....where does he go? I thought he wouldnt be able to go in units with MoK?
Cheers for your patience with my questions, I dont play WoC....yet, lol

cain the betrayer
12-09-2011, 13:54
The sorcerer lord will go in the big warrior unit the bsb in the unit with the banner of diciple and the sorcerer in the last unit. It doesn't matter with marks and in which unit i put him. to let them flaoting around on their own would be not very smart anyway because thet would make them a easy target for enemy shooting atacks and fast cav.

Morax
12-09-2011, 17:29
The sorcerer lord will go in the big warrior unit the bsb in the unit with the banner of diciple and the sorcerer in the last unit. It doesn't matter with marks and in which unit i put him. to let them flaoting around on their own would be not very smart anyway because thet would make them a easy target for enemy shooting atacks and fast cav.

Ok, bad placement of characters. The sorcerer lord (general I'm assuming) should go in the unit with the banner of dicipline. This will give him leadership 9. The BSB should go in the big unit of warriors to affect the war alters roll of eye of the gods. The level 2 sorcerer goes in the last unit.

There will be games that the opponent doesn't have fast cav, or a lot of anti-character shooting. Keep the bsb and the general in their respective units anyway as they get/give something extra by being in there. The level 2 however, can float around on his own in games like these.