PDA

View Full Version : 2k Chaos List

metallegion
11-04-2006, 13:29
This is my first official Choas list. I've been throwing the idea around for some time now and finaly am going to try to make this work.

The Fluff is somewhat of a wandering mish-mash following a sorerer,speeding around pilaging the land.

LD- Sorcerer Lord lv4,steed,p stone,sorc staff, d scroll- 394

5 knights + champ-165

5 knight + champ-165

8 knights +standard (warbanner)-309

20 Hounds (can be split however) - 120

4 Tuskigor Chariots - 356

2 Giants - 410

Please help me! Thank You!

ROCKY
11-04-2006, 16:07
I would Take out giant and the Tchariots and give your other knights either standards or musicians, try getting some MHORSEMEN, and 2 normal chariots, and finally get an exalted, with barded steed, GW, and gaze of the cods and stick him in a unit. then get a spawn or two.

metallegion
11-04-2006, 17:52
So in other words you think my list stinks! ;)

Anyone else on my list?

Finnblood
11-04-2006, 18:02
Looks pretty standard knight-train. Yes, split the hounds, so all the knights will have a screen of their own. Power stone sucks. Get rid of it. I'd take at least 1 or 2 more casters, so you'll be able to get some magic through. One guy is usually overrun with scrolls and dispell. Miscasts hurt less if you have many magisters. what lores are you using? I recommend Fire for the big and Shaddows for the lil ones you need.

MarcoPollo
11-04-2006, 22:47
I think it is a pretty good list. It has alot of strengths, like movement and combat prowess. Put I think too that there is very little "static Combat Resolution". You are relying on dice and chance for alot of your CR. This may work in your favor, this may work against you.

i like that your small units of knights have a role. They have no standard and are clearly shock troops. Remember, re-roll psychology does not include break tests and rally tests.

May I suggest loosing one of your chariots for a beast herd. I always think they are very underrated. This will give you some static CR. Of course, Marauders are also effective for this role, but will not be able to keep up with your first wave of knights. Atleast, beast have m5. Of course, the bigger the heard, the better. I like mine up around 25 models with full command. Usually 8 gor 17 ungor. but this is more expensive than a mere 85pt TChariot.

metallegion
12-04-2006, 16:37
Hmm... never thought of a beast heard.. I was trying to keep with the mobility. The Giants protect the rear and flanks. While the Chariots run into warmachines and light units and flanks. While the knights and LD take on the heavier stuff.

I actually have the points wrong... and taking out the Power stone on my Lord and one knight. I have 155pts left... Thats enought to put a hero character in the knight unit of 7.