PDA

View Full Version : Re-vamped WOOD ELF 1500pt List

cdpia1084
08-09-2011, 00:39
Well after playing for the 1st time this past weekend I have decided I need to change a few things in my army. Just give me some input as to let me know if this is good.

LORD
spellweaver lvl4 [life]
wand of wych elm 305

HERO
BSB
light armor
stone of crystal mere 122

CORE
glade guard x12 144
glade guard x12 144

dryads x14 168

SPECIAL
treekin x5 325

RARE
treeman 285

TOTAL 1493

My tactics are have glade guard, BSB, lifeweaver to hold ground in the center and creep forward to close in the gap. treeman in center as well but marching forward. treekin on one flank and dryads on the other and have them protect and close in on each side.

Any and all input will be greatly appreciated.

Artemis150
14-09-2011, 13:52
As is the case with most Wood Elf Armies, it looks like your close combat units may end up a little sparse. Personally I'd prefer a 'divide and conquer' approach if you're not going to run a block of Eternal [or a ranked block of Tree Kin]. You'll do well enough in combat, but the combat resolution may be a problem for whichever unit isn't in the same combat as your BSB. Keep your army tight and to one side, using dryads to stop yourself getting flanked, would be my advice. To this end, a couple of smaller Dryad units would be more useful. Possibly two units of eight if you have two more models? Also, musicians for the Glade Guard with this tactic is essential, because they'll basically be changing their target every turn due to things getting into combat. Lifeweaver is excellent for bolstering the Dryad 'shields' and keeping your big-tree assault un-flanked and on the charge.

popisdead
16-09-2011, 17:44
Is there a way you can get a 6th Treekin?

I would consider dropping the treeman, taking a couple great eagles, a 6th Treekin, and bulking the Glade Guard. Just a thought.

cdpia1084
18-09-2011, 15:13
LORD
spellweaver lvl4
wand of wych elm 305

HERO
BSB
light armor
stone of crystal mere 122

CORE
glade guard x16
musician,SB Banner of eternal flame 220
glade guard x10 120
dryads x10 120
dryads x10 120

SPECIAL
treekin x6 390

RARE
great eagle x2 100

TOTAL 1497

how does this list look now? from what i understand the eagles main purpose is to hunt down characters. just let me know what else should be tweaked.

malgrimace
18-09-2011, 20:03
I'd personally drop the glade guard unit in size and loose the command group. Glade Guard work well as a unit of 10 with a musician for reforming. This would give you points for extra treekin. The Hero - I'd consider taking the Bow of Loren or Hail of Doom Arrow and Alter. I'm also not convinced by the Stone of Crystal Mere... would dropping the glade guard + command give you points for Oak Armour?

popisdead
19-09-2011, 23:15
I'd personally drop the glade guard unit in size and loose the command group. Glade Guard work well as a unit of 10 with a musician for reforming.

In this configuration they also help loose Blood and Glory faster.

Glade Guard should take Standards.