PDA

View Full Version : 1800 Tournament Ogre List

Entreri Bloodletter
08-09-2011, 17:36
Planning on going to a local tournament in a couple weeks, here's my first draft of my list.

Level 4 SM: Fencers Blades, Greedy Fist, Dispel Scroll 385
Bruiser BSB: Sword of Striking, Giantbreaker, Enchanted Shield, Luck Gnoblar,Ogre Pistol 190

10 Ogres: Ironfists, standard, bellower 340 (characters here)
6 Ironguts: Banner of Eternal Flame, standard, bellower 293
40 Gnoblars: Trappers 100

3 Maneaters: AHW, heavy armor, standard, bellower, Gleaming Pendant 193
3 units of 1 Sabretusk: 63
3 Mournfang Cavalry: Ironfists, heavy armor, standard, musician 230

Total: 1799

Not sure if I want to run the Maneaters with Scout and Swiftstride or Scout and Stubborn. Other than that its pretty hard hitting with durable hitty characters and other plenty of threats early on. What do you think?

angelusmortis1384
09-09-2011, 14:26
Luck gnoblars don't exist anymore im afraid.

Entreri Bloodletter
10-09-2011, 09:32
I meant Luckstone from the main rulebook, confused it with the old luck gnoblar which was essentially the same thing ( no rerolls for wards anymore though :(

drear
10-09-2011, 09:55
id be tempted to split the gnoblars into 2 units and make them both trappers. that way theres more things for the opponent to avoid.

what rules are the maneaters getting?
if they are scouting id say drop the sabretusks and give the mournfang the dragonhide banner.

at this points level you have ALOT of points burried in characters, it might be an idea to tone them down abit, maybe just give the SM a wardsave and the bsb some magical armour or a ward. maybe armour of destiny and an ironfist.

use the spare points to beef out the ironguts or the bulls abit more.
as it seesm to few numbers in nearly 2k