PDA

View Full Version : some help with Challenge

Lorex
08-09-2011, 18:04
So i have been thinking.
We say that im in a challenge with a bret paladin, and i kill him. The champion is also dead.
And in the unit of bretanian knights is a damsel. I say challenge again, and here is what i think: He must accept with his damsel or he will lose his blessing???
Is this right or am i wrong??

Loopstah
08-09-2011, 18:16
No, it only applies to Knights.

Damsels can refuse challenges all day long and keep the blessing.

Ravenar
09-09-2011, 11:40
... and I could be wrong without my books in front of me, but don't you need to be in base to base (actually in some sort of combat) contact to accept a challenge? Damsels are usally surrounded by friendly models in the center of the 2nd rank.

Tregar
09-09-2011, 11:55
No.

Although if a model isn't, it can't be selected to "refuse" a challenge, it just doesn't step forward to take it if no-one accepts.

Artiee
09-09-2011, 18:26
In the lance formation the Damsel may be placed in the center of the 2nd rank. And Usually is. It is stated in the Bret book (pg 41) that a champion or character (a damsel is a character) that is in the 2nd/3rd rank cannot issue or accept challeges unless they are in the fighting rank.

Only time they Blessing is lost, is if the unit flees for any reason.. or a challenge is refused where a Knightly charater or champion could have accepted.

Ravenar
09-09-2011, 18:44
Thanks Artie, that was what I was thinking of...

BEEGfrog
13-09-2011, 03:10
Problem with this wording is that with supporting attacks the 2nd/3rd rank often is a fighting rank.

Tregar, where is the rule on not being able to select models in the second rank for sending to the back? I could use this with my slann.

Yrrdead
13-09-2011, 03:58
Problem with this wording is that with supporting attacks the 2nd/3rd rank often is a fighting rank.

Tregar, where is the rule on not being able to select models in the second rank for sending to the back? I could use this with my slann.

There isn't anything about not being able to select models in the second rank.

I challenge.
You refuse.
I nominate the slann.
You "move the model into a rank where he's not in base contact with the enemy"

Maybe I should have nominated an old blood instead.

On the issue of the wording of "fighting rank". It is relatively clear that it refers to the front rank. Since you can have a champion/character in the second rank still able to fully attack (per the lance) that isn't allowed to issue or accept challenges.(Per the Brett AB)