PDA

View Full Version : The Witch King's Wrath (1500 points)

Forsworn
09-09-2011, 03:14
Heroes
Master: Heavy Armor, Shield, Sea Dragon Cloak, Dragonhelm (+1 to Save, 2+ Ward Save against flames), Biting Blade, Talisman of Endurance

Sorceress: Lvl 2, Opal Amulet, Tome of Furion, Lore of Metal (my hope being that I get the buff spells)

Core:
Warrior unit: 30x Warriors, shields, Full Command, Standard of Discipline
Crossbow Unit: 10x crossbowmen, Musician
Crossbow Unit: 10x Crossbowmen, Musician

Special:
Cold One Knights x5
Har Ganneth Executioners x10: Full Command, Banner of Eternal Flame
Black Guard x20: Full Command, Banner of Murder, Potion of Foolhardiness, Charmed Shield

** Assassin: Dance of Doom, Rune of Khaine

Strategy:
use the blocks of Black Guard and Warriors as anvils, the Cold Ones and Executioners as Hammers. The Crossbowmen provide support and focus fire on enemies. I picked metal because I feel that with the tome of Furion I have a good chance of getting the Buff spells, which I feel would be useful for Dark Elves. The other option would be shadow, and bank on getting Mindrazor and Withering.

BattleofLund
09-09-2011, 18:50
Army List

I would lose the Potion of Foolhardiness and Charmed Shield on the Black Guard Tower Master. The use of them is limited, and the points could be better spent. This also applies to the Talisman of Endurance on your General.

Won't comment on unit sizes or unit choices; it's your army. I would take more banners and shields (ie, on the Rxb units) because they really have served me well, and a BSB because the re-rolls are really worth it.