PDA

View Full Version : Updated Ogre Kingdoms list 2000 -3000Pts

angelusmortis1384
09-09-2011, 09:55
this is just an updated version of my previous list, from the old edition of the OK book. thought i'd see what fun i could back into the new list. so please any CC is more than welcome, treat the list as competetive, as i'd like to get onto the tourney circuit at some point using my OK's.

Lord:Tyrant, Brace of ogre pistols, Fencers blades, Glitering scales. Total: 284pts

Heroes:Butcher, Lv 2, additional hand weapon, Total: 137 pts

Heroes:Butcher Lv 2, Additional hand weapon, Hellheart, Total: 187pts

Core:Bull Ogres: 7 strong, Full command, Additional hand weapons, Total: 252pts

Core:Gnoblars: 50 strong, Trappers upgrade. Total: 150pts

Special:SabreTusk Pack: 2 strong, Total 42pts

Rare:Stonehorn/Thundertusk, Total 250pts.

Army Total: 1998pts

For 3000pts, the following is added to the above list.

Hero:Butcher: Lv2, Additional hand weapon, Feedback scroll, Total:187pts

Special:Mournfang Cavalry: 5 strong, Full command, Hv Armour, Iron fists, Banner of swiftness, Total: 395pts

Rare:Ironblaster, Total:170pts

Rare:Thundertusk/Stonehorn, Total:250pts.

Army Total: 3000pts

Thanks for reading, i look forward to your comments ^_^

angelusmortis1384
09-09-2011, 13:42
over 40 reads but no comments? has no one anything to add?

grhino
09-09-2011, 15:33
I've got no idea about what might work in this army - I love the new models so I'd highly recommend getting as many of them as possible in the force, especially the mournfang cav!

Morax
09-09-2011, 16:17
Lord:Tyrant, Brace of ogre pistols, Fencers blades, Glitering scales. Total: 284pts

A bit of a waste. He costs more then a unit of 6 iron guts, which will consequently outpreform him everytime. The only thing he brings to the table is leadership 9 which you can easily get with a slaughtmaster and the banner of discipline. I'd swap the Tyrant and the two butchers for a slaughtermaster and that unit of guts. I'd keep the hellheart though as it is a nifty piece of kit.

Heroes:Butcher, Lv 2, additional hand weapon, Total: 137 pts

Heroes:Butcher Lv 2, Additional hand weapon, Hellheart, Total: 187pts

If you don't go with the character suggestions I would presume that the characters are going one for one here. At that rate I would rather have ironfists then ADH as only 3 models would benefit from the ADH vs 7 that benefit from the fist.

Awesome choice here, I hope to be seeing them included in more lists.

I'd consider splitting one pack. It would give you an extra deployment and make it harder for them to panic. At 3k I'd split them both.

Rare:Stonehorn/Thundertusk, Total 250pts.

I think the Thundertusk brings more to the table on the whole. The army wide buff ASL bubble this thing projects is game changing.

Army Total: 1998pts

For 3000pts, the following is added to the above list.

Hero:Butcher: Lv2, Additional hand weapon, Feedback scroll, Total:187pts

Good but is he worth 6 ogre bulls? Every character in the book faces that question and most of the time the bulls are better. I would, however take a BSB brusier with some defensive kit as at 3k there will be a lot more leadership tests for your ogres to pass.

Special:Mournfang Cavalry: 5 strong, Full command, Hv Armour, Iron fists, Banner of swiftness, Total: 395pts

Again nice, might go smaller on the unit size or try to fit one more to split them. That would depend on the local meta and play testing the first few games. If they stay combat effective at 2 models strong I would drop them down, if not then not.

Rare:Ironblaster, Total:170pts

Awesome looking and cheap enough that I would include one regardless of effect on the table top. As it stands you could absolutely use the high strength shots in the list to kill really big gribblies. If you take the Ironguts I suggested above this guy becomes less of a concern but one must never underestimate the coolness factor.:D

Rare:Thundertusk/Stonehorn, Total:250pts.

Again I like the Thundertusk and at 3k the buff would be usefull in more then one place at a time as you are more likely to multiple combats spread out across the board. The stonehorn however can act as a nice bullet magnet/second punch for a unit that gets bogged down. Absolutely worth a look for a second big monster.

Army Total: 3000pts

Thanks for reading, i look forward to your comments ^_^

All in all a really cool list that should look impresive on the field. The suggestions are purely to tighten it up a bit in a competitive fashion.

angelusmortis1384
10-09-2011, 09:04
Thanks for your imput Morax, I'm definitely going to consider swapping the Tyrant out for a Slaughtermaster. I've playtested with Ironguts before and found them a waste of points hence why ive stuck with bulls.

drear
10-09-2011, 10:17
as said id drop the tyrant, his cost isnt justifiable when a unit can do more.
grab a SM but keep 1 lvl2. a lvl2 and a lvl4 always seem a good combo.

give the sm lore of the maw, and the lvl2 beasts or heavens

alternativley take a firebelly lvl2 grab fireball , and then hope for flaming sword or somthing.

this will help you draw out dispell dice, before you cast your buffs.

it might be worth merging 2 units of bulls into a bigger unit so your buffs have somwhere specific to go. and its a terrifying sight.