PDA

View Full Version : The other trixters shard + impact hits

Munin
09-09-2011, 10:33
So me and my friend were playing yesterday, BM vs HE. He has a block of Phoenix Guards with Prince, BSB and Archmage in it. This unit gets combo charged by a razorgor chariot, tuskgor chariot, razorgor and a Beastlord on razorgor chariot. The Beastlord is carrying the other trixters shard and gets into base contact with 3 enemy models, Prince, Std bearer and champion. This charge will result in 3d6 impact hits. How will tOTS interact with this?

We reasoned that it should be used for at least two of the chariots, those who were in base contact with enemies who were in contact with tOTS and possibly for the third who had enemy models who both were and werent in base contact with tOTS.

I can provide a diagram if needed.

Artiee
09-09-2011, 18:35
Then I fight with the tots, I only make the player reroll only to models that are base contact with it.
In your case, For any saved wards, I would have them reroll 1. One for the std. Since the standard can not be targeted and is the unit. The Champ and the Prince has to be targeted. The Impact hits the unit and not the Prince and the Champ. If you did enough wounds the over kill the unit then the champ will have to reroll a saved ward.

Also if your other chariots are in base contact with the Beastlord, The ones in base contact will also have to reroll saved wards.

narrativium
09-09-2011, 20:14
Agreed.

Similar example: a unit of Ogres includes a character with the Shard. They impact against a unit of 6 Bretonnian Knights, still Blessed by the Lady, fronted by three Paladins. The impact hits have to be distributed amongst the Knights, who aren't in contact, and so get their unaffected Blessing - not the characters. It sounds counter-intuitive that impact hits don't affect the models you actually make contact with, but think of it as the combat equivalent of Look Out Sir.

T10
10-09-2011, 15:23
How will tOTS interact with this?

Impact hits are distributed as shooting hits. This means the player owning the target unit gets to allocate the hits as he sees fit. He does not have to allocate any hits to the models affected by The Other Trickster's Shard before all other models have been allocated one hit!

The characters and champion in the unit are also eligible to be allocated hits, but only if there are fewer than 5 rank-and-file models in the target unit. This is usually the case, so I expect those models would be safe from the impact hits.

Excess unsaved wounds may spill over to the champion, but this only becomes an issue if the impact hits are sufficient to kill all the rank-and-file. Wounds will spill over after any ward saves are taken, so again the Shard won't come directly into play.

Munin
12-09-2011, 06:22
Ok almost on the clear now. But lets say he only has 10 models left in the unit, including the three characters and the champion. TOTS is in base contact with ONE rank and file model and lets say 8 impact hits are caused. That would mean that he has to allocate at least one hit to that RnF model in base contact with tOTS right? So all RnF gets one hit, before he can allocate the two spare ones.

T10
12-09-2011, 07:32
Ok almost on the clear now. But lets say he only has 10 models left in the unit, including the three characters and the champion. TOTS is in base contact with ONE rank and file model and lets say 8 impact hits are caused. That would mean that he has to allocate at least one hit to that RnF model in base contact with tOTS right? So all RnF gets one hit, before he can allocate the two spare ones.

That's pretty much how I see it, yeah.

However, for regular close combat attack it seems the model with the Shard would target the affected model, reaping the benefits for all wounds caused: he can kill more rank-and-file models than are in base contact with him.

For other models that are in base contact with models that are unaffected by the shard and that are affected, I can only assme that they get to allocate their attacks to the affected model. Though their characteristics are identical, they are subject to different conditions that affect their combat ability and thus cannot be considered homogenous.

-T10

Munin
12-09-2011, 08:16
That's pretty much how I see it, yeah.

However, for regular close combat attack it seems the model with the Shard would target the affected model, reaping the benefits for all wounds caused: he can kill more rank-and-file models than are in base contact with him.

For other models that are in base contact with models that are unaffected by the shard and that are affected, I can only assme that they get to allocate their attacks to the affected model. Though their characteristics are identical, they are subject to different conditions that affect their combat ability and thus cannot be considered homogenous.

-T10

Yeah thats how I see it as well, which makes the shard better.

Thanks for the replies, I think I got it all cleared up now :). Too bad for the impact hits tho hehe.

popisdead
14-09-2011, 18:06
This unit gets combo charged by a razorgor chariot, tuskgor chariot, razorgor and a Beastlord on razorgor chariot.

Totally awesome charge by the way. Razorgor Chariots are b-dass

Munin
15-09-2011, 09:34
Totally awesome charge by the way. Razorgor Chariots are b-dass

Haha thanx. The list is quite fun at those moments, but prolly not that strong in the long run :P.

popisdead
15-09-2011, 20:28
There is a guy on the Herdstone pushing MSU Beastmen and it's picking up steam. Still kinda need the Miasma/Herdstone spam to make it work tops though.