PDA

View Full Version : Ogres 2400 Hard

Gaargod
09-09-2011, 13:37
Slaughtermaster with Lv4, Talisman of Preservation, Additional Hand Weapon, Rock Eye and Dispel Scroll = 362

Bruiser with BSB, Armour of Destiny and Great Weapon = 191

Firebelly with Hellheart and Great Weapon = 129

6 Ironguts with Full Command and Standard of Discipline = 298

11 Bulls with Ironfists and Full Command = 382

6 Maneaters with Sniper, Poison, Brace of Ogre Pistols, Heavy Armour, Musician, Standard and Banner of the Eternal Flame = 426

3 Mournfangs with Ironfists and Musician = 205

Sabretusk = 21

Sabretusk = 21

Sabretusk = 21

Ironblaster = 170

Ironblaster = 170

Total = 2396

Firebelly with the bulls, BSB and Slaughtermaster with the guts.

Pretty happy with it in total. The maneaters with flaming banner are really quite effective, even though they cost a ton.

Only real question would be on the core, whether it works out better to have a smaller block of bulls and put their points in the guts...?

Morax
09-09-2011, 15:59
What is the reason for the inclusion of the firebelly? The hellheart is nice, but that could easily be given to the slaughtermaster. The unit he is going to accompany already pumps out more then enough strength 4 attacks, a breathweapon isn't really needed and to get strength 4 attacks I'd rather take 3 more ogres. If it is to remove regen for the unit he has a greatweapon so would be striking after them thereby not. Also with a pair of ironblasters and flaming shots from the maneaters, regen units shouldn't be a problem at all. All in all I'd drop the fire belly, swap the hellheart to the slaughtermaster, and take a few more guts. That still alows the general to go with the guts and the bsb could then go with the bulls splitting up the high priority targets some.

EndlessBug
09-09-2011, 16:31
I believe it's so that he can still take a dispel scroll.

bildo
09-09-2011, 16:37
i agree with morax, the firebelly isnt offering much, you could swap him out for a more bulls/guts and a small unit of gnoblars with banner just incase you ever play the scenario where they will come in handy, if your not playing it, you could add another mournfang, or just more bulls/guts

The Satyr
09-09-2011, 16:59
Firebelly with Hellheart and Great Weapon = 129179

10charizards

Lord Inquisitor
09-09-2011, 17:01
I think sniper, poison and flaming banner is going to be counterproductive on the maneaters. Many characters are toting that 2+ ward against flaming.

OllieOllieOllie
09-09-2011, 17:31
I'm really tempted to use a unit of Poison/Sniper Maneaters in my own list, please let me know how they do and if they end up being worth their high price.

thesheriff
09-09-2011, 19:35
I think sniper, poison and flaming banner is going to be counterproductive on the maneaters. Many characters are toting that 2+ ward against flaming.

Yeah, its not worth the risk TBH.

Like the list though.

thesheriff

EndlessBug
09-09-2011, 22:30
I agree on the maneaters banner of eternal flame, with the sniper and poison rules you're aiming for characters, ver few characters have regen, a LOT will have either dragonhelm or dragonbane gem.

You want Eternal flame to counter hydras and hellpits. But you've got the firebelly for that anyway.

I do think that the firebelly is worth it though, contrary to what others are saying. Fire magic to whittle down those elite elves and deal with those pesky monsters is good. Also, 2 mages, 1 for dispel scroll and the other for hellheart provides a reliable amount of magic protection. The breath weapon is just a bonus.

p.s. have you considered a thundertusk? I havent played with or against one but personally I see PERFECT symetry with the ogres in this one monster. ASL meaning your measly armour and initiative are both countered to some extent.

Yrrdead
10-09-2011, 05:53
I'd swap the ToP and Armor of Destiny from SM to Bruiser. Then give the Bruiser heavy armor.

Gaargod
11-09-2011, 18:40
Cheers for comments people. Done some alterations (also, nice catch The Satyr! Totally forgot to add the price of the hellheart).

Slaughtermaster with Lv4, Talisman of Preservation, Additional Hand Weapon, Rock Eye and Hellheart = 387

Bruiser with BSB, Armour of Destiny and Great Weapon = 191

Firebelly with Additional Hand Weapon, Dispel Scroll and Potion of Speed = 152

6 Ironguts with Full Command and Standard of Discipline = 298

11 Bulls with Ironfists and Full Command = 382

6 Maneaters with Sniper, Poison, Brace of Ogre Pistols, Heavy Armour, Musician and Standard = 416

2 Mournfangs with Ironfists, Musician and Standard and Banner of the Eternal Flame = 150

2 Sabretusks = 42

Sabretusk = 21

Sabretusk = 21

Ironblaster = 170

Ironblaster = 170

Total = 2400

Dropped the eternal flame on the maneaters. It was really useful for stopping things regenerating in shooting. Stuck it on the mournfangs instead.

@ Yrrdead: Saves points to do it this way. I thought about giving the SM heavy armour via that way, but he really doesn't need it.