PDA

View Full Version : 1k O&G to "tournament"

flagu
11-04-2006, 17:21
First some limits:

Maxium 2 heroe's.
Dogs of war are allowed but S.o.c are forbidden.
Only 3 special slos and no rare slots. However, you can change 2 special slots to 1 rare slot.
Maxium 3 war machines.

And to busines...

Orc big boss 99
GW, DdAa

Gobbo shaman 105
2x scrolls
---------------------

24x orc boyz 172
shields
FC
big boss is here

24x orc big 'un 293
shield, spear
FC; Noggs banner of buthcery

3x5x goblin wolf riders 66/unit
spear, shield
muscian
----------------------

Goblin chariot 63
spear's

2x Spear chukka's 35/ea

------------------------
Total:1000

Opinions? It will be my first tournament :D

List edited.

The Devil's Right Hand
13-04-2006, 00:22
the lobba sucks in less than 2k. the amount of units you have will block its LOS like mad. 20 orcs will get shot up and messed with, try and balance a orc unit to about 200-250 points (ie 30 with shields, or 24 with spears and shields). gobbo chariots drop pretty quick to firing lines. i'd recomend with your set up to drop 1 unit of gobbo wolf riders and the lobba, 1 wolf chariot too. with those points take a spear chukka and lots as many more orcs as you can. also, greenskin magic is best offensive. drop one scolland take the staff of sneaky stealin for the regular gobbo mage- makes sure you wack some skirmies early on.

ROCKY
13-04-2006, 02:19
I like where you are going with this, I would say drop the lobba and get two chuckas, or try to reduce the biguns by 2 and get an orc chariot.

flagu
13-04-2006, 12:54
I agree you devil's hand about lobba but I see no sense about taking staff of sneaky stealing. You know that 1lvl wizard can only use 2pd in turn and lvl upgrade will cost too much. And staff is still one use only so it's not useful. And have you ever seen what 2lvl wizard can do alone? Nothing, and piacuse it's tournament, everybody have something against magic so forget it. And it's possible that I meet heavy magic Tzeentch, or S.A.D. We need that toilet paper.

And rocky, have even read that note were I tell that I can't havemoe that 3 warmachine's. That includes chariot's.

I will change my list. I will remove lobba and chage it to 2 sukka. Also I'll remove one chariot and last points I'll use to orc's.

ROCKY
13-04-2006, 15:18
If thats the case, then get two chuckas and an orc chariot for your three machines/chariots.

Da GoBBo
13-04-2006, 15:50
Only 2 big blocks kinda gives me the shivers. 2 chukka's arn't any good, if ye take em, take 4. I'd probably swap one unit of wolfriders (2 is sufficient in 1000 points), the chariot and both chukka's for one block of 38 goblins with shields and musician, and an orc chariot. Or I'd swap a wolfrider unit and one big un for 2 more chukka's.
If yer gonna keep the list the way it is, remember you can place yer shaman in the chariot, which gives you an extra flanking unit (unit str 5).

ROCKY
13-04-2006, 16:01
Only 2 big blocks kinda gives me the shivers. 2 chukka's arn't any good, if ye take em, take 4. I'd probably swap one unit of wolfriders (2 is sufficient in 1000 points), the chariot and both chukka's for one block of 38 goblins with shields and musician, and an orc chariot. Or I'd swap a wolfrider unit and one big un for 2 more chukka's.
If yer gonna keep the list the way it is, remember you can place yer shaman in the chariot, which gives you an extra flanking unit (unit str 5).
Did you not just see me get chewed out two posts ago? he stated that he can only have 3 machines/chaariot total. so he cannot have 4chuckas.

flagu
13-04-2006, 19:26
Da gobbo, let me tell you one thing.
Have you ever tried that shaman in chariot? Have I said that this is tournament list? Do you know that cannons, bolt thower's and any shootting with str4 or greater will love you combo picause 168pts for scroll caddy is pretty good pack of points.

And no gobbo's. If I have this model's, there would't be (what I'm talking about? Of course not) any orc's.

And do you think that I would't take this 4 sukka's if it's allowed :evilgrin:

And tell me rocky, how I get points for that orc chariot? Again reduce number of big un's? But if I take 2 away what kind of formation is suppose to use if US is 22? And picause there is no great diffence between orc and goblin chariot (M9 IS good. Even that I can have T5, better ld and str5 from boar's.)
No, no orc chariot.

Chuffy
13-04-2006, 19:33
the lobba sucks in less than 2k. the amount of units you have will block its LOS like mad. 20 orcs will get shot up and messed with, try and balance a orc unit to about 200-250 points (ie 30 with shields, or 24 with spears and shields). gobbo chariots drop pretty quick to firing lines. i'd recomend with your set up to drop 1 unit of gobbo wolf riders and the lobba, 1 wolf chariot too. with those points take a spear chukka and lots as many more orcs as you can. also, greenskin magic is best offensive. drop one scolland take the staff of sneaky stealin for the regular gobbo mage- makes sure you wack some skirmies early on.

The rock lobba, along with the grudge thrower, is THE best warmachine in the game. It is a valuable investment in any sized game and it can pretty much destroy any unit in one hit if accurate, whether they are goblins or chaos warriors.

As for the list I would drop a unit of wolves and try and add in another ranked combat unit.

flagu
13-04-2006, 20:57
It would be difficult to add that another unit.
Firstly where I can get the points for those? This is not proplem about goblins but as told earlier, I dont have those model's.
But still this confuse me. To take lobba and 2 chariot or 2chukka and 1 chariot? Wich one is better?

Da GoBBo
14-04-2006, 10:53
Did you not just see me get chewed out two posts ago? he stated that he can only have 3 machines/chaariot total. so he cannot have 4chuckas.
:angel: It took me a while to figure out what i would have changed and I completly forgot about that.

2 chariots and the lobba would definetly be to my preference. I think 2 chukka's won't give a damn, where the lobba can dish out damage if yer lucky.

And you might be right about the chariot thing, its a big risk but neat if ye can pull it off. Perhaps its better for friendly games. I have tried it, and it served me well, but I rarely face cannons.

I still think 3 of them wolfrider units is a bit of an overkill. Ye could swap one wolfrider unit and the two chukka's (136 pt) for 10 black orcs with great axes and a boss (135 pt)