PDA

View Full Version : 2000pt WoC List Tzeentch

Time of Madness
09-09-2011, 18:28
My fairly rock hard Tzeentch 2000pt list.

CHARACTERS

Sorcerer Lord of Tzeentch (General)
- Level 4 on Disc of Tzeentch
- Biting Blade
- Enchanted shield
- Infernal Puppet
- Golden Eye of Tzeentch
- Potion of Speed
= 395pts

Exalted Hero of Tzeentch ( BSB )
- Halberd
- Talisman of Preservation
- Iconcurse Icon
= 199pts

CORE

29 Warriors of Tzeentch (6X5 Formation)
***Exalted BSB Here***
- Full Command
- Hand Weapons/Shields
- Standard of Disipline
= 529pts

SPECIAL

18 Chosen of Tzeentch (6X3 Formation)
- Full Command
- Halberds/Shields
- Favour of the Gods
- Wailing Banner
= 495pts

Chariot
= 120pts

Chariot
= 120pts

RARE

Warshrine of Tzeentch
= 150pts

TOTAL POINTS = 1998pts

Guess we will start from the top.

The Sorcerer Lord comes in with +5 to cast and has a 1+ save and a 3+ ward vs shooting attacks. I've got the Infernal Puppet to help him out if he miscasts.

My exalted BSB leads the warrior unit. He has a 4+ ward save and adds some punch to the unit with his halberd. The warriors have hand weapon/shields for the increased save and also take the standard of disipline to increase there LD to 9.

The Chosen are a fairly standard choice and love to be stubborn and have a 3+ ward save. Nasty unit because of the save.

The chariots give me some flank hitters. They also have T5 and 4 wounds which makes them fairly tough to get rid of.

The Warshrine is there to assist the Chosen. Very tough to remove because of T6 and the 3+ ward save.

Opinions on the list? Anyways to make this harder?

I've had several big wins with the list, I find the opponents have a tough time gaining victory points.

Time of Madness

Time of Madness
16-09-2011, 03:12
Nobody likes it?

Should I change it up?
Time of Madness

Rosstifer
16-09-2011, 03:19
Drop some Warriors and add another Warshrine. Other than that. I dunno dude, seems fine, I've used something very similar myself at 2400, but with 12 more Chosen, no Chariots. and some Marauders. It's not all that exciting, or fun to play against, but hey, it's competitive, I had 7 games in a row of giving up 0 victory points, and people say it's still more fun to play against than Mindrazor Dark Elves.
Mind you, being lobotimized is more fun than playing Mindrazor Dark Elves :P

Time of Madness
16-09-2011, 03:34
Unfortunately I can't drop the warriors as they are my only core unit. I need the 500pts in core.
Time of Madness

Rosstifer
16-09-2011, 03:38
Hmm drop a Chariot and a Warrior and add an unmarked Warshrine? The Chosen really do get a lot better with each extra Warshrine, and it also increases the chance of getting the tasty Ward save.

Trustey
16-09-2011, 04:37
Make it more unimaginative and add more cheese.

Justkiddingjustkidding.

Really though :angel:

I don't think it gets more cookie cutter than this if you look at every WoC list comment they pretty much say "drop x and make it like (your list)". So that's probably why you don't see a lot of replies.

Rosstifer
16-09-2011, 04:42
It could get more cookie cutter if it had a horde of Khorne Marauders with GW :D
In all seriousness though, Trusteys right, and the list is fine.

Time of Madness
16-09-2011, 16:39
I don't think it gets more cookie cutter than this if you look at every WoC list comment they pretty much say "drop x and make it like (your list)". So that's probably why you don't see a lot of replies.

Thanks, it is for an up coming tourney, so is meant to be hard. I wouldn't call 2 chariots cookie cutter though. Most lists like this include 2 shrines and no chariots.
Time of Madness