PDA

View Full Version : 2400pts Ogres Tournament My Return to Fantasy

Bra'tac
09-09-2011, 18:52
A new book ment the return to Fantasy for me.
This army is based on Tournament restrictions , no More than 2 of the same Special, no more than 1 of the same Rare.

I haven't plated A proper Fantasy battle in 4 years.
So far I have played 2 small battles (old ogre book) with the 8th edition rules,(to learn the 8th mechanics) So I could still use a little help.

Here's a list I came up with.

Slaughter Master,Level 4, with Talisman of Preservation, Crown of Command. 365pts

Bruiser, BSB, Great Weapon, Armour of Fortune, 176pts

Butcher, Level 2, IronFirst, Hellheart 188pts

6 IronGuts, Full com, look out gnoblar, Banner of Discipline 308pts

11 Bulls, Full com, Look out gnoblar 387 pts

4 Mournfang Cavalry, Heavy Armour, Great Weapons, Banner of Eternal Flame 332 pts

3 Mournfang Cavalry, Heavy Armour, Great Weapons, Musician 229 pts

3 Maneaters Heavy Armour, Brace of Pistols, Scouts, Sniper 198

IronBlaster 170pts

This leaves me with 47 points, any suggestions?

The idea is to have the BSB and SM join the IronGuts,
The Butcher goes with the bulls,
The Maneaters will annoy from turn 1 threatening the flank and possibly characters with sniper.
Mournfang with flame banner will hunt regenerate monsters and other wise support where needed.

I haven't decided which lore i'll be using for the SM or Butcher (depending on who gets the lore of the great maw) I still have to read all lore's and decide which one I like most (suggestions?)

So I would like to hear your idea;s please help a returning Fantasy player:rolleyes:

Thanks in Advance,

Cheers,
Bra'tac

Confessor_Atol
09-09-2011, 19:22
Very decent list.

first off, the easiest chioce for the spare 43 points is 2 units of 1 sabretusks.

I like my maneaters with stubborn and scout with extra hand weapons. Personal choice......

If you want to run yours with the sniper and poison, you might want to invest in more MEs so they can be an actual threat to characters in units. with your current set up, odds are they won't pull off that assassination trick without a ton of luck.

You really can't go wrong with mornfangs. Mine have been cleaning up. I do use the ironfist build to get that 2+ armor. I've found, so far, that the GWs on them are overkill. The voulme of attacks and impact hits and stomps are enough, and at high enough strength (4/5) that they dont really need the boost of the GW.

I haven't used the ironblaster yet. Looks good though.

Bra'tac
11-09-2011, 16:50
Given your advise and advise I got on OgreStronghold I changed the list.
let me hear your thoughts.

Slaughter Master,Level 4, with Talisman of Preservation, Crown of Command. 365pts

Bruiser, BSB, Great Weapon, Armour of Fortune, 176pts

Butcher, Level 2, IronFirst, Hellheart 188pts

6 IronGuts, Full com, look out gnoblar, Banner of Discipline 308pts

11 Bulls, IronFists, Full com, Look out gnoblar 387 pts

4 Mournfang Cavalry, Heavy Armour, IronFists, full com, Banner of Eternal Flame 320 pts

3 Mournfang Cavalry, Heavy Armour,IronFists, Musician 220 pts

4 Maneaters Heavy Armour,Additional Hand weapons, Scouts, Stubborn 224

1 Sabretusk
1 Sabretusk

IronBlaster 170pts

So dropping the pistols and changing the MFC to have Ironfists instead of Great Weapons left me with enough points to add a 4th Maneater and give them all Additional Hand weapons.
I then had 42 points left which then meant the 2 Sabretusks to go WM hunting.
also noticed that I had forgotten to type the iron Fists the bulls have.

So what do you think of this list?

Cheers,

Bra'tac