PDA

View Full Version : 2000 point Ogre Kingdoms army....a bit of a starter

Fzargg
10-09-2011, 06:46
Hey all. I'm a very new Ogre Kingdoms player, and also a new Warhammer Fantasy player in general. Quite new to the whole hobby, in fact, but I'm picking it up fairly quickly and diving in head first.

I've got a basic 2000 point list in mind here, and I'd like your thoughts and help in fleshing it out and making it fun and effective. I've already gotten a lot of inspiration, help, and great advice in and from the Ogre Kingdoms tacita thread here, so I think I'm on the right track. I've yet to add much in the way of magic items and such to any characters and units, if any, so any thoughts regarding that as well would be great.

Slaughtermaster-
Level 4
Lore of the Great Maw

Brusier-
Battle Standard
Heavy Armour

Either:
Firebelly OR Bragg the Gutsman(umm...a little help?;))

18 Ogres-
Light Armour
Ironfists
Full Command

12 Ironguts-
Full Command

3 Maneaters-
Additional Hand Weapons
Scout
Swiftstrider OR Stubborn(again, a little help here?)

4 Mournfang Cavalry-
Heavy Armour, Ironfists, Full Command, Dragonhide Banner
OR
Heavy Armour, Great Weapons, Full Command, Banner of Eternal Flame
(one of these builds is all about being well-protected with a 2+/6+ save and being awesome at annihilating infantry of most sorts, and the other is all about high strength attacks at the cost of some armour, and taking out monsters and high Toughness/armoured types...thoughts?)

Ironblaster

Thundertusk

So, there's the army as it stands, and as you can see, I need a little help in sorting some of these things out and polishing it off. Any thoughts and advice you may have is most welcome, and I look forward to seeing what you think. Thanks!

Fzargg