PDA

View Full Version : Dwarves 1500 pt tourney

Sh4d0w
10-09-2011, 11:08
Hi guys, small tourney with 10-12 players at my local gw coming up. The tourney is 1500pts
My list so far:

BSB
MRoGrom, RoResist, RoPres, RotFurnace, Rofire (wpn)

RL
MRoBalance, RoSpellbeaking x2, RoStone, RoPreservation, RoResistance, shield

Warriorsx20- GW, full command
Warriorsx20- GW, full command
Longbeardsx24- GW, full command
1x grudge thrower, 2x rune of penetrating, 1x rune of accuracy.

I think i read somewhere you cant post individual points but i can tell you this army comes to 1365.

Im wondering what i should add next and if this army is competitive enough. Mabye add an organ gun?

imbusypainting
11-09-2011, 03:35
How are you going to deal with monsters? I'd recommend taking a cannon............but take this with a grain of salt because I don't play dwarves, but I don't see anything in your list that can deal with high toughness monsters

Sh4d0w
11-09-2011, 04:34
I know for a fact that there are 3 ogre armies, 2 chaos armies, 2 orcs and gobbo armies, and another dwarf army. Nobody really has any monsters, perhaps i drop the longbeards down to 20, make them scouts, and add an organ gun?

eron12
11-09-2011, 06:31
I will second a cannon. Ogres have multiwound models, plus they just got multiple new monsters. Chaos (I presume you mean warriors) have hell cannons, while demons have greater demons. Orcs and Goblins have monstrous infantry, the big spider, the bigger spider. I can't say how likely any of this is to show up in a 1500 pt list, but some might.

Finally, Dwarfs, while not having monsters, will have artillery you need to take care off.

A cannon will be your friend. Though you would have to drop a longbeard or warrior to fit one with forging or forging/burning, into the list with an engineer. You could just forgo the engineer and leave the rest as is.

Sh4d0w
11-09-2011, 07:47
Dwarves-revised list

MRoGrom, RoResist, RoPres,RotFurnace,Rofire

Runelord
MRoBalance, RoSpellbeaking x2, RoStone, RoPres, RoResistance, shield

Warriorsx20 GW, full command
Warriorsx20 GW, full command
Longbeardsx20 GW, scouts, full command
1x grudge thrower, 2x rune of penetrating, 1x rune of accuracy.
1x cannon, Roforging, Roburning

Total 1470

What else should i add now?