PDA

View Full Version : Can Ogre Leadbelchers shoot over Gnolbars?

Turtleking
11-09-2011, 02:30
The rulebook says unbroken line of sight, and to me the Ogres tower over the Gnolbars, so it should be the same thing as a hill no?

Thanks guys!

Mid'ean
11-09-2011, 05:01
With TloS I don't think gnoblers would give a normal human sized model much cover unless they where like a 1" away. Then they might block 50% of the model then.....:D As soon as you start getting farther away their not gonna provide much in the way of a cover bonus.....:eyebrows:

eron12
11-09-2011, 05:57
Can the ogre's see the target by looking from the models' point of view? If so, they can shoot over the gnoblars.

Turtleking
11-09-2011, 09:04
Thanks guys!

Scalebug
11-09-2011, 10:21
Chances are, unless the angles work in your favour, you will suffer the -2 Hard Cover penalty for shooting through other units.

I guess a think line of gnoblars close to the Ogres will avoid this, but a deep formation will not.

Mid'ean
11-09-2011, 15:13
So in other words with all the above said....Gotta get down there and take a eyeballs look and see what you can see, or can't see.........:p

timmytool
12-09-2011, 14:21
not seeing the models exactly but assuming small ogre shin height gnolbars then they wont even block 20% of the leadbelchers TLOS(true line of sight), so no to shoot modifiers as equal or over 50% of the targeted unit needs to be TLOS blocked to introduce modifiers.

Without having seen the new AB yet if they use normal shooting rules then use the TLOS point from you models eyes, if they use the cannon rules then you start your TLOS from the weapons tip.

remember if its near the 50% mark ~+-5% and your opponent thinks its =>50% blocked give them the benefit of the doubt.

Mid'ean
13-09-2011, 14:48
You use normal shooting rules, not cannon rules.

ihavetoomuchminis
13-09-2011, 21:59
I thought when a unit is in the trajectory of the shooting, you get a -2 modifier for doing so. Am I wrong?

Scalebug
13-09-2011, 22:30
You don't automatically get a -2, they act as cover (hard), and ordinary LOS apply.

Most of the time you will have shooters, targets and intervening models being roughly the same size, and you can as a rule of thumb say that the -2 for obscured targets will be in effect, but with Ogres being bigger, and gnoblars smaller than an average target model (human, elf, orc...) you will get a fair chunk of situations where the Ogres can trace a line of sight to more than 50% of their target.

Zentdiam
14-09-2011, 00:20
Get down to the ogres eye level and look. Since it is true line of sight now it depends on how much of the gnoblars block of the other unit. Get down and look each time, there is no hard and fast rule anymore.