PDA

View Full Version : A few ogre inquiries.

Mister Blak
11-09-2011, 13:33
just got the new ogres book, and it rocks, but there are just a few ambiguities.

1. can a butcher/slaughtermaster take magical armour? they can take a shield ( the ironfist), but some of the people in my group say that doesnt count.:confused:
2. the ironblaster says under cannonball barrage that " the cannonballs will only fail to bounce if both dice roll a misfire." the plural is used here, but the cannon ony seems to actually fire one shot. perhaps this is represented by the S10 grapeshot, but then why is the plural used in the rules for standard cannon firing.:confused:

hope I dont come across as massively obtuse. :(

Korraz
11-09-2011, 13:56
1.: Really? A thread about this issue is right there, on the front page.

2.: Only one shot is fired. Plural because it fires 2 shots in the fluff, which is represtented by the missfire reroll. GW writes wonky rules.

narrativium
11-09-2011, 14:17
1. Ask them to reread the rules for ironfists. Ask them to take special note of any phrases about how the ironfists work and what benefits it provides. Have everyone acknowledge that the rules have changed, and get on with the game.

2. One shot is fired. Only one bounce point.

Count_Orlock
11-09-2011, 14:39
Eh, regarding the Ironblaster. It says to roll the artillery dice TWICE for bouncing, and use the highest roll. And it only fails to bounce of if BOTH are misfires. Quite clear to me. And I'm sorry of I sounded rude, cause that was not my intetion. :)