PDA

View Full Version : Herald Nekaph question

Lester
11-09-2011, 22:10
In the new army book it is stated the Herald Nekaph is a Tomb Herald. As such, could he carry the Army Battle Standard?

T10
11-09-2011, 22:21
No. You cannot give special characters any upgrades.

Some special characters have special rules that allow them to take upgrades; Nekaph is not one of them.

Lester
12-09-2011, 00:25
No. You cannot give special characters any upgrades.

Some special characters have special rules that allow them to take upgrades; Nekaph is not one of them.
Where in the rules is it noted that you cannot give special characters any upgrades? I assumed so always but I don't recall reading it anywhere.

The Army Battle Standard Bearer rule in the Tomb King book says "One Tomb Herald may carry the Battle Standard for +25 points".

The Herald Nekaph is a Tomb Herald, put 2 and 2 together and I think it isn't an unreasonable conclusion.

Yrrdead
12-09-2011, 00:30
Where in the rules is it noted that you cannot give special characters any upgrades? I assumed so always but I don't recall reading it anywhere.

The Army Battle Standard Bearer rule in the Tomb King book says "One Tomb Herald may carry the Battle Standard for +25 points".

The Herald Nekaph is a Tomb Herald, put 2 and 2 together and I think it isn't an unreasonable conclusion.

Regarding the general question of special characters and upgrades. You don't recall reading it , because, you have it backwards. Characters are allowed the upgrades allowed per their army list entries. The majority of special characters aren't allowed upgrades because they don't have the option for any in their army list entries, not because there is some rule disallowing it.

Also of note;

Q: The special characters have additional labels, such as Tomb King, in brackets after their troop type. Does this mean they have the special rules related to the standard characters of this type? (p86-88)
A: No, they only have the special rules listed on their profile. It does, however, tell you what special rules can affect them. For example, as High Queen Khalida is a Tomb King, she can be the target of a Tomb Herald's Sworn Bodyguard special rule.

Lester
12-09-2011, 00:32
Regarding the general question of special characters and upgrades. You don't recall reading it , because, you have it backwards. Characters are allowed the upgrades allowed per their army list entries. The majority of special characters aren't allowed upgrades because they don't have the option for any in their army list entries, not because there is some rule disallowing it.
Then by that reasoning, wouldn't the Battle Standard be an option? He is a Tomb Herald. ;)

colonel kane trine
12-09-2011, 00:34
As much as I love the idea of that id have to say no as hes a special named character so until gm faq it id say no

Yrrdead
12-09-2011, 00:34
See my ninja edit above.

T10
12-09-2011, 08:38
Then by that reasoning, wouldn't the Battle Standard be an option? He is a Tomb Herald. ;)

And the rules for selecting the Battle Standard Bearer: Are they or are they not part of the Tomb Herald rules/army list entry? Hard to say, actually.