PDA

View Full Version : 2k competitive Ogre Kingdoms

Minigiant
12-09-2011, 13:54
So ive been biten by the Ogre bug and immediately i just had to figure out a list. Ive been listening and reading what others have found out. So this is what ive come up with

As much critism and comments is appreciated

here it is 1970pts of ogre kingdoms, how do you think i should fill the points

Slaughtermaster 360pts
Level 4
Hellheart
Dispel scroll

5 Iron guts 275pts
Full command
look out gnoblar
Banner of discipline

6 Bulls 192pts
Ironfists

6 Bulls 192pts
Ironfists

4 Maneaters 248pts
brace of pistols
sniper
poison

2 Mournfang cavalry 150pts
heavy armour
Iron fists
Musician

2 Mournfang cavalry 150pts
heavy armour
Iron fists
Musician

Sabretusk 21pts
Sabretusk 21pts
Sabretusk 21pts

Ironblaster 170pts

Ironblaster 170pts

What do you think?

imbusypainting
12-09-2011, 15:25
In my opinion the bulls units look a little thin but maybe a bit of insight into your tactics will explain this

Vsurma
12-09-2011, 15:39
I think you have 6 mediocre units, many an enemy army will have 1 very tough unit, which of yours is capable of taking it down?

Though I suppose with the number of units you have a combo charge might work.

The 6 strong bull units are ok if they lose 0 on the way in, fairly poor if even 1 dies to shooting as you can assume some will die before they strike with their slow init.

I would combine the bull units, maybe drop a few for a few more guts.

dropping 1 bull would buy you 2 magic banners.

Say flaming banner and swiftness. Worth it imo.

OllieOllieOllie
13-09-2011, 02:00
You don't have a BSB, I would say they are pretty much mandatory for Ogres in 2k.

Vsurma
13-09-2011, 14:20
2 arcane items on the slaughtermaster are a no go.

Minigiant
13-09-2011, 18:12
In my opinion the bulls units look a little thin but maybe a bit of insight into your tactics will explain this

Basically I didnt know how to organise my core units and just played around with points with something that looked okish

I think you have 6 mediocre units, many an enemy army will have 1 very tough unit, which of yours is capable of taking it down?

Though I suppose with the number of units you have a combo charge might work.

The 6 strong bull units are ok if they lose 0 on the way in, fairly poor if even 1 dies to shooting as you can assume some will die before they strike with their slow init.

I would combine the bull units, maybe drop a few for a few more guts.

dropping 1 bull would buy you 2 magic banners.

Say flaming banner and swiftness. Worth it imo.

I wouldnt say 6 mediocre units. 3 i can accept, my core units
Units of 2 mournfangs hit like a done of bricks and sniping maneaters are pretty solid in my opinion

Banner idea is a good idea, that is official pinched

You don't have a BSB, I would say they are pretty much mandatory for Ogres in 2k.

Funny this, when i was reading around people kept saying its border optional in 2k and a compulsory in 2400pts. Now my list is out they say its needed and i would like one but i dont know where to trim the points whatr do you suggest?

2 arcane items on the slaughtermaster are a no go.

My bad, havent written a list in a long time

Avian
14-09-2011, 17:37
If you swap the two 6-man Bull units for one slightly bigger one, you should be able to afford a BSB.

matthewmayer
15-09-2011, 22:47
If you swap the two 6-man Bull units for one slightly bigger one, you should be able to afford a BSB.

Yep if you field a 9 man ogre unit you can then field a BSB that can sit in the second rank!

Cheers,

Matt

Minigiant
16-09-2011, 06:46
Yep if you field a 9 man ogre unit you can then field a BSB that can sit in the second rank!

Cheers,

Matt

Should that be bulls or ironguts?

matthewmayer
16-09-2011, 14:07
The Bulls would be better as they get a +5/++6 parry attack, makes it a much more survivable unit imo.

Cheers,

Matt