PDA

View Full Version : Storm of magic and Cupped hands of the old ones

gabehowlett
12-09-2011, 19:57
Question is this: When i miscast on a fulcrum and successfully get my 2 plus for cupped hands and I give a miscast to another wizard, do I ignore the normal miscast and the fulcrum miscast or just one? Or does it count me as not actually miscasting at all because I just passed the miscast to somebody else. It seems as though I am generating 2 separate miscasts though so I should only ignore one, but like I said above I did just pass the initial miscast on so :confused: what do you think?

Tzeentch Lover
12-09-2011, 20:13
You only suffer the fulcrum miscast if you suffer the normal one, so cupping the normal miscast prevents the fulcrum miscast.

drear
12-09-2011, 20:17
nope you roll on both tables, so you can trasnfer the normal miscast..but cupped hands has no bearing on a 'cataclysm miscast' same goes for infernal puppet etc.

sulla
13-09-2011, 04:09
You only suffer the fulcrum miscast if you suffer the normal one, so cupping the normal miscast prevents the fulcrum miscast.Don't the fulcrum rules say that you roll the fulcrum miscast if the miscaster is still alive after the miscast. Since the Slann would definately still be alive, I would imagine he would have to roll on the fulcrum miscast table.

Khorneflakes
13-09-2011, 05:43
yeah but you only roll on the fulcrum chart if you roll on the normal miscast chart. if you dont roll on the 1st you ignore the 2nd, cant have the 2nd if the 1st dont come into play

Kadris
13-09-2011, 06:08
Cupped hands - "On a 2+ the miscast is ignored..."

This means you don't suffer the miscast and do not meet the requirements to roll on the fulcrum miscast table because the miscast itself is ignored. Furthermore:

"...and if there is an enemy Wizard within line of sight he will suffer its effects"

So, if you miscast while on a fulcrum, and you successfully cup it, you do not suffer either table and the cupped wizard only suffers the effects of a miscast and does not himself miscast. This means if you cup to a wizard on a fulcrum he only rolls for the normal table and not the fulcrum table whether he lives or not.

Vsurma
13-09-2011, 06:29
I would agree with kadris interpretation myself.

Khorneflakes
14-09-2011, 04:55
pretty much what i said