PDA

View Full Version : New Player - HE 2500

Fenrisulfr
12-09-2011, 20:33
Hey guys, I'm new to WHFB and I'm starting an army of High Elves. Below is the list i'm going to be trying to build to, but first I want some feedback that it will actually be competetive.

The main idea is to be very strong in the magic phase, and I like the fluff involving the white lions and lion chariots.

not sure about a couple of things:
should i split the lions into 2-3 units?
are the great eagles worth it?

2500 Teclis
Lords
Teclis
Heroes
Noble BSB
- Great Weapon
- Heavy Armor
- BSB
- Battle Banner
Mage
- Level 2
- Jewel of the Dusk
Core
25 Spearmen
- FC
25 Spearmen
- FC
18 Lothern Sea Guard
- Champion
- Banner

Special
14 White Lions
- Champion
- Sword of Battle
25 Phoenix Guard
- FC
- Banner of Sorcery
Lion Chariot
Rare
3 Great Eagles

2498 points

Fenrisulfr
13-09-2011, 23:57
Should I take your silence as an indication that this list is amazing?

Mschaff
14-09-2011, 00:16
Your bsb will be killed so easily. The normal build is a noble bsb with the armor of caledor and either th dawnstone or the guardian Phoenix with a great weapon. Also sea guard are horrible just get some archers and some spear elves. I would also recommend getting some sword masters they are amazing. Lion chariots and also tironic chariots always get blown up by a cannon or some type of warmachine so I wouldn't recommend taking one

Mirbeau
14-09-2011, 18:29
Hey guys, I'm new to WHFB and I'm starting an army of High Elves. Below is the list i'm going to be trying to build to, but first I want some feedback that it will actually be competetive.

The main idea is to be very strong in the magic phase, and I like the fluff involving the white lions and lion chariots.

not sure about a couple of things:
should i split the lions into 2-3 units?
are the great eagles worth it?

2500 Teclis
Lords
Teclis
Heroes
Noble BSB
- Great Weapon
- Heavy Armor
- BSB
- Battle Banner
Mage
- Level 2
- Jewel of the Dusk
Core
25 Spearmen
- FC
25 Spearmen
- FC
18 Lothern Sea Guard
- Champion
- Banner

Special
14 White Lions
- Champion
- Sword of Battle
25 Phoenix Guard
- FC
- Banner of Sorcery
Lion Chariot
Rare
3 Great Eagles

2498 points

Teclis is quite a lot of points, and will not make you popular, I'd suggest perhaps swapping him for an archmage with either Forlaith's Robes and a sprinkling of other gear, or, if in a very competitive game, the Book of Hoeth. Any ideas on what lore you want to take?

Besides the magic phase, your list is somewhat lacking in killing power, the white lions could certainly benefit from being bigger, and if you can sneak the ironcurse icon on their (or anyone elses champ), all the better. Really, a unit (possibly lions) could do with the banner of eternal flame to counter regen from monsters, besides magic, your white lions are the best shot we have of taking one down really.

I'll echo the armour of caledor/guardian phoenix gear on the bsb.

Fair play if you like the fluff of the chariot, its not that bad in game either, but for the points I'd rather have ten swordmasters. With your core, I'd be inclined to bump the sizes a bit on both units of spears and take a unit of archers to round out the points, I like seaguard but don't really see what your use of them is for in conjunction with the rest of your list.

Not sure why you'd need three great eagles, if you need any points, perhaps drop one, but they are quite handy and cheap so its not too big a deal.

D'Haran
14-09-2011, 23:25
Eagles are worth it if you know what to do with them, they're really about hampering the enemy and making him sweat apart from killing mages and warmachines. What they don't do is survive being charged by a half decent unit, so you should always be running away when charged. 1 per 1000 pts is usually a good investment.

As for the list only take Teclis for 'ard boyz or other really serious tournies, otherwise ppl won't want to play against you, besides he becomes a crutch and we all know he isn't here to stay.

I like your list though it does lack some killing power, I'd put a hero with the crown into your unit of PG, otherwise it's just waiting to loose combat. Also consider that D6 to combat rez really isn't worth taking on a bsb who you need to get into combat but will die if sneezed upon. The turtle build is good if you want him in combat and the BOTWD is great to protect teclis in a mage bunker (though I wouldn't devote 25 PG to a mage bunker in any game). chariots tend to die easily, though the lion chariot is the best so be warned in some games it'll just die.

So I'd really like to see a prince heading up the PG with the CoC.