PDA

View Full Version : 1,000 pt.s skaven

Fist full of Pills
13-09-2011, 15:44
I have a small game on thursday. Me and a buddy both using a 1,000 points of skaven each against 2,000 points of high elves. I made a quick list with the models I have.

Note:I will not know what my partner will bring as per the rules of our little game. but he does have a greyseer w/ bell and plenty of clanrts and stormvermin.

Plague priest: flail, Lv.2, PF

30 clanrats: shields, full command, PWM

30 clanrats: Shields, full command, WFT

20 Plague monks: Full command

Plagueclaw

That puts me at 999 pt.s total. I feel as though im missing some numbers and hitting power. I also have on hand 1 warlord, 1 warlock, 15 giant rats with 2 packmasters, and 30 stormvermin. Thank you for your time.

drear
13-09-2011, 15:57
points wise how cheaper would an engeneer lvl1 be?
at 1k magics going to be small and far between so you could cram in some more stuff by making the chracter cheaper.

BlackPawl
13-09-2011, 16:12
I have a small game on thursday. Me and a buddy both using a 1,000 points of skaven each against 2,000 points of high elves. I made a quick list with the models I have.

Note:I will not know what my partner will bring as per the rules of our little game. but he does have a greyseer w/ bell and plenty of clanrts and stormvermin.

Plague priest: flail, Lv.2, PF

20 Plague monks: Full command

Plagueclaw

That puts me at 999 pt.s total. I feel as though im missing some numbers and hitting power. I also have on hand 1 warlord, 1 warlock, 15 giant rats with 2 packmasters, and 30 stormvermin. Thank you for your time.

I would change the plague priest with a warlock and a chieftain. Warlock with dispel scroll and chieftain with some defensive gear. A naked plague priest will get killed very easy in combat and then you have lost your general.

PlagueClaw Catapult is better against horde armies, for 2000 points the High Elf player will not so many bodies to the table. If it hit it will be a pain for his T3 elves, but I would skip the catapult.

Plague Monks are great, but instead of them and the catapult you could field 30 stormvermin with FC and a magic standard (with their WS4 and AS5+ they are better against spearmen).

Or maybe switch the 1st clanrat unit against slaves, and with the spare points from them and the PWM you could buy the giant rats and 14 plague monks (without command) as flankers.

So you could have 30 clanrats & WFT, 30 slaves, 30 stormvermin, 14 plague monks, 15 giant rats and a warlock & chieftain.

You could have more, because the list you have is not 999 points but near 900 points. :)

Fist full of Pills
13-09-2011, 16:29
Hey thanks BlackPawl looks like im going with the warlock and chieftain combo with the stormvermin. One day I will use my PF :(

witchunter180
13-09-2011, 21:43
I don't think the plagueclaw is a bad idea (making 30 high elves run away after only taking 2-3 wounds is hilarious, for you at least, and if it happens) I would just trade out the plague monks for a warp lightning cannon; this way, while your blocks are running at the foe you have 2 warmachines blasting your opponent for a few turns (also if one blows up you have the other available). But BlackPawl's other advice is good too.

Fist full of Pills
14-09-2011, 00:34
Ok here is another shot. This leaves me at 947 points. Guessing adding some slaves wouldnt be a bad idea.

Warlock: Dispel scroll, warp-energy condenser, Lv. 1

chieftian: Warpstone armour, Halberd, Talisman of protection

25 Stormvermin: Full command

Plagueclaw

witchunter180
14-09-2011, 00:57
Looks good, another block of rats with the remaining points (slaves or clanrats) would finish it off nicely.

Fist full of Pills
14-09-2011, 01:03
Looks good, another block of rats with the remaining points (slaves or clanrats) would finish it off nicely.

Thanks and for the final touch 20 SLaves w/ slings.

ftayl5
14-09-2011, 03:27
Just some finer points, drop the Talisman of Protection on the Chieftain, a 2 wound character will very very very rarely get any benefit at all from a 6+ ward save. You might save 1 wound every two games which I don't think is ever worth the 15pts. Trade it for the Ironcurse Icon and a few slaves.

Otherwise this list looks good.

BlackPawl
14-09-2011, 07:41
Yes, that's right. With only a 6+ ward he get no real save. Maybe the rival hide item, so your enemy must reroll all good attack rolls for one round. Or the sword of might instead and a shield, so you get a 3+ AS.

The dispel scroll and the warp condensator are both arcane items and you can only have one on a wizard. Maybe instead the poison cube from the skyre item list?

For the stormvermin you could buy the Banner of the under empire, 2d6 S2 hits at the beginning of the combat phase against T3 enemies sounds good. If you only kill one or two swordmasters it will be a pain for the High Elves.

Another idea would be to include a doomwheel. With S6 and T6 and doing d6+1 S6 hits wenn charging it could kill a small unit in one round. Even dragon princes could be killed by a doom wheel if you got the charge.

Fist full of Pills
21-09-2011, 01:24
Well the high elves never showed which turned into me and my buddys clan leaders throwing huge fits about failed promises of riches and slaves etc. Needless to say both clans ended up going at each others throats!:p
I lost...but learned alot. Some highlights: My plagueclaw misfired first turn and then collapsed! His doomwheel crushed my stormvermin formation which my chieftain was apart of inspite of me causing 4 wounds on the wheel. Even with the generals reroll I broke and was ran down.:cries: My weapons teams killed lots of rats. But mostly I lost to bad dice rolls once two units of gutter runners showed up and charged my rear. Still lots of fun.

Now we have a new game on sunday. Me and my buddys skaven against the high elves again. lets hope he shows. We even upped the points to 1250 apeace to the high elves 2500. I wanted to try out my PF and plague priest this time. Here is were im at thus far. Sitting at about 1064 pt.s:

Priest: PF, Flail, LV.2

25 Plague monks, full command, Shroud of dripping death

Plagueclaw

ftayl5
21-09-2011, 07:57
Need more models! >100 models per 1000pts, you have 85 at 1250pts. Just spend your remaining points on slaves and maybe bump the plague monks up to 30 models and I'd add in the Plague Banner for the Dripping Death one, plague banner allows a monk unit to reliably beat anything pretty much for 1 round at least.

Fist full of Pills
22-09-2011, 00:39
Ok hows this?

Warlock: Lv 1, Warp-energy condenser(me and my buddy are allowed to share the same magic pool)

Warlock: Doomrocket

Chieftain: Warpstone armour, Sword of might, Shield

30 Clanrats: Shields, full command, WFT(warlock #2 goes here)

30 Clanrats: Shields, full command, PWM(warlock #1 goes here)

30 Stormvermin: Full command w/ shroud of dripping death(chieftain goes here)

20 Slaves

20 Slaves

6 Jezzails: Sharpshooter

Plagueclaw

lovedinplaster
22-09-2011, 04:52
So fun idea:-) in this list get those slaves some slings!

Haha. I'd like to see a game with your Plague priest.. Maybe try a naked warlord, and a plaguepriest build. With a small slave bunker. Your warlord can play the role of general.
Try some slave/slings, stormvermin, plaguclaw, one Clanrat unit, plaguemonks

Fist full of Pills
22-09-2011, 22:09
So fun idea:-) in this list get those slaves some slings!

Haha. I'd like to see a game with your Plague priest.. Maybe try a naked warlord, and a plaguepriest build. With a small slave bunker. Your warlord can play the role of general.
Try some slave/slings, stormvermin, plaguclaw, one Clanrat unit, plaguemonks

I would love to give them slings but it just seems that after they move they wont hit any thing at all. Plus I love my weapons teams (I wish I had more at the moment) shooting into a slave tarpit then watching them expode.:D Hope that means there isnt something wrong with me....:shifty:
soon so very soon I will have the other half of my army all plagued out.

So as it stands should I make anymore changes or ust run with what I got. I have no clue what type of HE army he is bringing I ust know he can field just about anything.