PDA

View Full Version : Southlands (ish) Lizardmen 2000pts

MOMUS
14-09-2011, 05:42
Have a game coming up against VC, me and my regular opponent have a gentlemens agreement.
I asked him if his army would work aswel without ghoul-kin and he asked if i would drop cogitation.
Im going to try out some templeguard, not sure if i need the cupped hands using the lore of life but we will see.

Slann (life) BSB, general, Cupped hands, extra power die, loremaster, bane head
priest, lvl1, feedback scroll
priest, lvl1, cube of darkness

30 skink cohorts, 2 kroxigor, full command
30 skink cohorts, 2 kroxigor, full command
10 skink skirmishers
20 templeguard, full command
5 camo skinks
5 camo skinks
3 terradons
2 salamanders
1 salamander

Just wondering if i should drop 4 temple guard, cupped hands and the skirmishers to add a 17 saurus unit?

Vsurma
14-09-2011, 09:06
You need cupped hands because the most commonly dispelled spell is the one that gives you miscast protection (at least in a tournament invironment I have noticed this)

Since you have enough skinks to do it, I would run 3 krox in the units if your going to be running said units. Why wouldn't you? They take up the space of 4 skinks in turns of gaining ranks so your esenttially paying 35pts per krox. If you want them to do ANY damage then you need to max the krox since the skinks don't do damage.

They only accumulate negative combat resolution (which is why these units are rarely used) If you ran the lore of shadow then I guess they could kill something, even death maybe. As it is they won't kill anything. There are no buffs in life.

Though the 2d6 S3/4 hits per round is an awesome spell to use on well any unit in CC.

MOMUS
14-09-2011, 11:57
You need cupped hands because the most commonly dispelled spell is the one that gives you miscast protection (at least in a tournament invironment I have noticed this).

Yea this is what i was afraid of, plus making an opponent have my miscast is always funny.

Since you have enough skinks to do it, I would run 3 krox in the units if your going to be running said units. Why wouldn't you? They take up the space of 4 skinks in turns of gaining ranks so your esenttially paying 35pts per krox. If you want them to do ANY damage then you need to max the krox since the skinks don't do damage..

Ah but my skinks are my secret weapon! Wide frontage means i can get a round of shooting and then stand and shoot which helps me with the combat res. Alas i dont have any more kroxigor, with my slann BSB nearby these guys can soak up damage.

They only accumulate negative combat resolution (which is why these units are rarely used) If you ran the lore of shadow then I guess they could kill something, even death maybe. As it is they won't kill anything. There are no buffs in life.

I used to run the lore of shadow, with life im hoping to make my troops better rather than the enemy worse. No buffs?! Life is the buff king. Earth blood? Flesh to stone? Shield of thorns and regrowth?
Im hoping to start by casting an IF of dwellers (bouncing the miscast), then give my temple guard earthblood, my skrox units flesh to stone and shield of thorns. Ill use regrowth on whoever needs it.

Vsurma
14-09-2011, 15:09
I think you will find a few javalins as stand and shoot will kill....well nothing tbh.

If you do the math from your skink krox unit vs say a unit of 50 slaves or even worse any unit of equal cost, I think you will find the unit is no good in combat.
Even worse if you don't have sufficient kroxigors.

Lore of life has plenty to keep your units alive with regen (remember he can ONLY cast it on his own unit not others)

Flesh of stone etc, but it just makes your unit live longer, there is nothing bar the shield of thrones that actually increases your damage output.

My point is if you your unit has 2/10 in damage, after buffing it to stay alive, it still hsa 2/10 in offensive power. The skrox units as far as I can tell are only good vs monsters, greater demons etc. Against normal rnf units skrox comes out last in pretty much every fight.

MOMUS
15-09-2011, 07:24
I think you will find a few javalins as stand and shoot will kill....well nothing tbh.

Granted it doesnt kill many, but an extra 2/3 is enough to tip the balance of a combat.

If you do the math from your skink krox unit vs say a unit of 50 slaves or even worse any unit of equal cost, I think you will find the unit is no good in combat.
Even worse if you don't have sufficient kroxigors.
Lore of life has plenty to keep your units alive with regen (remember he can ONLY cast it on his own unit not others)Flesh of stone etc, but it just makes your unit live longer, there is nothing bar the shield of thrones that actually increases your damage output.
My point is if you your unit has 2/10 in damage, after buffing it to stay alive, it still hsa 2/10 in offensive power. The skrox units as far as I can tell are only good vs monsters, greater demons etc. Against normal rnf units skrox comes out last in pretty much every fight.

I think what this boils down to is whether its better to increase my units damage output (shadow) or decrease the opponents damage output (life). Its the same thing except I choose life as its more reliable and easier to cast.

I played a game using the tactics i explained above and it went pretty well.