PDA

View Full Version : lvl3 Great Bray Shaman. Which lore?

oCoYoRoAoKo
14-09-2011, 15:41
Hello All,

Ive got a tournament coming up in a month and ive decided to bring my beasts.

Now the army itself is quite standard (Beastlord, lvl3, 3 lvl1s Herdstone spam, BSB + gors, bestigors, steadfast Ungor block, Razorgors and one Ghorgon).

The question is, which lore should i bring on my level3?

At the moment i am using beasts. However, my magic phase usually boils down to him just casting wildform. Im thinking of changing his lore to either death for some sniping goodness or shadow.

I used to play 4x shadow mages back when i first started the army and between 4x miasma, and either the withering or enfeebling foe, it was quite effective.

So what do you think? I'm leaning back towards shadow but im not sure.

decker_cky
14-09-2011, 15:45
Shadows, since pit is an important tool sometimes.

Don Zeko
14-09-2011, 17:26
Why Level 3? You is there nothing in the list that you can get rid of to free up the 35 points for a level 4 upgrade?

popisdead
14-09-2011, 18:43
Why Level 3? You is there nothing in the list that you can get rid of to free up the 35 points for a level 4 upgrade?

sometimes it's a squeeze at lower points value and Beast armies really need that higher LD. Kinda what screws them.

I play my GBS with Beasts as I try to get Savage Beast of Horros on him with the Jagged dagger. He can really tear up units and those free power dice are handy. However Shadow has some very handy spells for tournaments.

EnternalVoid
15-09-2011, 05:03
I would consider shadow. I love how Shadow can made up for alot of units short comings. And while I like Beast on the Great Shaman sometimes for the ability to become a killing machine or for making S5 and T5 Gors with the BSB, I think your list will be better off with shadow for the ability to threaten warmachines.

Besides having a versatile selection it can also supply a quick escape for your lv3 by switching places with BSB or the Beastlord if someone tries to go after him. Good way to get out of dodge.

sulla
15-09-2011, 05:30
Shadow, but death and beasts are also good for him and all 3 have ways to deal with big monsters and war machines.

Archis
15-09-2011, 16:15
I voted for Lore of the Wild... because I was feeling silly. For your list, shadow.

Dungeon_Lawyer
19-09-2011, 08:26
I would consider shadow. I love how Shadow can made up for alot of units short comings. And while I like Beast on the Great Shaman sometimes for the ability to become a killing machine or for making S5 and T5 Gors with the BSB, I think your list will be better off with shadow for the ability to threaten warmachines.
Threatening warmachines can be done effectivly through using ambushers and harpies (scouting or otherwise)

Besides having a versatile selection it can also supply a quick escape for your lv3 by switching places with BSB or the Beastlord if someone tries to go after him. Good way to get out of dodge. Sounds like all his level 1's take shadow too though, so he could still have access to the lore attribute.

It sounds like the OP is board with Beasts, so give Shadow a whirl, or better yet challenge yourself and take Wild.

oCoYoRoAoKo
19-09-2011, 09:13
Hello All,

Thanks for your input. I tested out Shadow last weekend and it was pretty instrumental in one of my wins (vs tombkings. Reducing the toughness of tombguard and turning them essentially into paper net me alot of VPs), and stopped my loss being even worse (vs VC. A good pit of shades killed off a black coach, and WS1 ghouls stopped my Gors from being killed off. The only reason i lost is because i charged the graveguard with my Bestigors, killing them and netting my opponent 400VPs).

Overall i think that 4x shadow mages work quite well so i think ill test them out for a bit longer.