PDA

View Full Version : Number of challenges per combat

NitrosOkay
14-09-2011, 19:44
The Rulebook seems to tell me two different things.

Page 102 "Only one challenge can be issued per close combat"

Page 103 "Further challenges cannot be issued in that combat until the existing challenge has been resolved."

Now if I'm reading page 103 correctly, once I have resolved the existing challenge I am explicitly permitted to issue further challenges in that combat.

Which is explicitly forbidden by page 102.

narrativium
14-09-2011, 19:49
It's understood, in the circles I play in at least, that in any given close combat there can only be one challenge occurring per round of close combat (i.e. per player turn) and the same characters/champions will be engaged in the challenge until it ends (due to the death/flight/pursuit of one/both participant). A new challenge in a close combat cannot be issued until the player turn after the last ended.

You're right, there seems to be a slight discrepancy there.

T10
14-09-2011, 21:58
You still have to wait until the start of the combat phase to issue a new challenge.

arthurfallz
15-09-2011, 14:30
You can only have one challenge occuring each combat round. That means if one is still ongoing from the previous round, another may not occur. Since challenges are issued at the start of each combat round, this means there will not be a chance to initiate another challenge until the following round, at all times.

Likewise, you can only issue one challenge per round. So if you issue one and the opponent refuses it, you can't issue another. That help?