PDA

View Full Version : Festus the leechlord and his Pestilent potions rule

teafloy_the_damned
14-09-2011, 21:18
Ok, maybe this is just wishfull thinking but Festus's pestilent potions rule give "any unit he joins" 5+ regen and poison attacks.

Now it doesnt say they loose that ablility if he leaves the unit or dies and its not a spell, there potions the unit take (but that may be a little fluffy)

Either way, it says "any unit joined by Festus", not "any unit with festus in" or "while festus is in the unit"

So surley he could mosey his way through all units in the army giving everyone poison and regen?

Tad good i know but i cant find anywhere, anything to contradict this?

Wesser
14-09-2011, 21:24
Yes

"joined" basically means when he is in it. If he leaves he aint joining it no more

Trustey
14-09-2011, 23:23
That's exactly what the rules intended!

Kidding aside, if he has joined a unit with mount, for example a palanquin (since it's infantry, and fluffy Nurgle) would the mount recieve regen as well?

Also, in a unit with FC and Palanquin, 5 man front you could hide him in the 2nd row?

Also Palanquin question, does it gain attacks from banner of rage?

TheOneHawk
15-09-2011, 00:06
Palanquin is a mount, albiet a very odd one. It shouldn't get the additional attack from Frenzy.

AMWOOD co
15-09-2011, 02:40
Kidding aside, if he has joined a unit with mount, for example a palanquin (since it's infantry, and fluffy Nurgle) would the mount recieve regen as well?

Also, in a unit with FC and Palanquin, 5 man front you could hide him in the 2nd row?

Also Palanquin question, does it gain attacks from banner of rage?

I'll answer these in order:

1. Regen: No, as the Palanquin doesn't take any wounds, only its rider does. The rider will benefit.
2. Sure, why not?
3. Hotly debated topic with no solid answer (GW is being silent on this issue). It has been debated a few times. My personal opinion is 'yes', but the RAW answer is... it doesn't say. There's a logical gap in the rules between 'models in the unit gain this special rule' and any conclusion for which element of a cavalry/chariot/monstrous cavalry/monster and rider gets the benefit or if all elements benefit. For now, house rule it.

sulla
15-09-2011, 04:57
Ok, maybe this is just wishfull thinking but Festus's pestilent potions rule give "any unit he joins" 5+ regen and poison attacks.

Now it doesnt say they loose that ablility if he leaves the unit or dies and its not a spell, there potions the unit take (but that may be a little fluffy)

Either way, it says "any unit joined by Festus", not "any unit with festus in" or "while festus is in the unit"

So surley he could mosey his way through all units in the army giving everyone poison and regen?

Tad good i know but i cant find anywhere, anything to contradict this?You got it buddy... and not only that, it doesn't say for this game only, so feel free to keep giving them the regen in future games, or even in future editions when Festus isn't even in the book anymore, because, y'know, he joined them once and the book didn't specify they should lose the regen after he left, or only for that game, or that edition. Great find, fellah! Two thumbs up for you! :evilgrin::evilgrin::evilgrin:

ivan55599
15-09-2011, 05:49
Festus dies, drops potions and warriors/marauders pick up and use them.

teafloy_the_damned
15-09-2011, 07:35
You got it buddy... and not only that, it doesn't say for this game only, so feel free to keep giving them the regen in future games, or even in future editions when Festus isn't even in the book anymore, because, y'know, he joined them once and the book didn't specify they should lose the regen after he left, or only for that game, or that edition. Great find, fellah! Two thumbs up for you! :evilgrin::evilgrin::evilgrin:
A more cynical person would think you we're being sarcastic :)

cptcosmic
15-09-2011, 12:04
3. Hotly debated topic with no solid answer (GW is being silent on this issue). It has been debated a few times. My personal opinion is 'yes', but the cheater answer is... it doesn't say. There's a logical gap in the rules between 'models in the unit gain this special rule' and any conclusion for which element of a cavalry/chariot/monstrous cavalry/monster and rider gets the benefit or if all elements benefit. For now, house rule it.
fixed :D

actually psychological effects do not transfer over to mounts and frenzy gives the model one extra attack. I would say that it is pretty clear rule wise.

T10
15-09-2011, 13:55
You got it buddy... and not only that, it doesn't say for this game only, so feel free to keep giving them the regen in future games, or even in future editions when Festus isn't even in the book anymore, because, y'know, he joined them once and the book didn't specify they should lose the regen after he left, or only for that game, or that edition. Great find, fellah! Two thumbs up for you! :evilgrin::evilgrin::evilgrin:

I put Festus in a unit of Space Marines once, and now they kick serious butt!

-T10

sulla
15-09-2011, 20:07
A more cynical person would think you we're being sarcastic :)Thank god for people like you then. I am actually a Nigerian prince with boundless riches. Unfortunately, because a glitch has temporarily tied up my accounts, I cannot access this money. However, if you send me just US$5000, I can unlock my funds and repay you triple what you lend me... because you're not cynical. :angel:

popisdead
15-09-2011, 20:26

I read an interpretation of the Beasts Banner once this way. "Can I hop my BSB through my army to give them all +1S?"

Man people think up outrageous stuff sometimes.

teafloy_the_damned
15-09-2011, 20:55
We can but dream, we can but dream