PDA

View Full Version : Gobbo's Deathstar (sort of...)

Spazo
15-09-2011, 07:28
I have an idea for a funny army list on next tourney. Tell me please, what do You think?

Night Goblin Warboss: light armour, Sword of Might, Talisman of Preservation, Charmed Shield, potion of speed.
Night Goblin Warboss: Obsidian Blade, light armour, shield
Night Goblin Warboss: two hand weapons.
Goblin Big Boss BSB: light armour, shield, short bow, Banner of Eternal Flame.
Night Goblin Big Boss: Lodestone, great weapon.
Night Goblin Big Boss: Terryfaing Mask of EEEE!!!, great weapon
Black Orc Big Boss.
BLack Orc Big Boss.
II level Orc Shaman, dispel scroll, "ring of fireballs"
Orc Big Boss: Crown of Command, Foebane(don't know exact name, weapon for 5 points), Enchanted shield.
70 Night Goblins, FCG, spears, nets, 3 fanatics.
40 Orc big Uns, FCG, Second hand Weapon
20 Orc arrer boyz, fcg
2 spear chukka
2 rock lobba
2 doom divers

chilledenuff
15-09-2011, 08:30
Can you explain the tactics please? I can kind of guess but before I suggest anything I'd like to think on your tactics.

Spazo
15-09-2011, 08:53
Only tourney restrictions - no special characters.
Points - 2600.
Scenarios: Battleline, Dawn Attack, Blood and Glory, Meeting Engeatment, Battleline.

Forgot to give that important info.

"Da taktic" is simple - in my neighborhood the most popular armies are High Elves, Dark Elves and Skaven. Nobody EVER consider that goblins are dangerous.

The first rank of unit is full o lord-level characters, each of them have 5 attacks with weapon skill 5, Initiative 5 and 4 strenght. this is enough for elves and skaven.

Orcs are here for backup and absorb enemy fire.

Memnos
15-09-2011, 09:03
My favourite Gobbostar is the all Monstrous Spider horde.

4 Lords on Monstrous Spiders.
Heroes on Monstrous Spiders, BSB.

Gobbo shaman to make everything poison on 5+.

Minimum 3+ armor save for everything, which they have to allocate against. 6-7 attacks for each model. 3 wounds for everything and stomp. 50+ poisoned attacks+stomps. If you get a flank, you get to reroll to hit and to wound, too, with the right spell.

Spazo
15-09-2011, 09:23
I choose night goblins primarly for their nets - on 2+ the goblin warbosses will have a "effective Toughness" 5!

BlackPawl
15-09-2011, 12:08
Beware of a hero or lord with the Anti-Heor Sword ... :cool:

Spazo
16-09-2011, 06:36
Yes, sword of hero will be deadly... but - honestly - i never seen somebody use it...

chilledenuff
16-09-2011, 15:49
Killing blow is going to be horrible to face though. That could be a rank of lords gone in one turn!

My favourite Gobbostar is the all Monstrous Spider horde.

4 Lords on Monstrous Spiders.
Heroes on Monstrous Spiders, BSB.

Gobbo shaman to make everything poison on 5+.

Minimum 3+ armor save for everything, which they have to allocate against. 6-7 attacks for each model. 3 wounds for everything and stomp. 50+ poisoned attacks+stomps. If you get a flank, you get to reroll to hit and to wound, too, with the right spell.

That's sick... note to self, buy some gigantic spiders :p

Glenn87
18-09-2011, 21:45
Only tourney restrictions - no special characters.
Points - 2600.
Scenarios: Battleline, Dawn Attack, Blood and Glory, Meeting Engeatment, Battleline.

Forgot to give that important info.

"Da taktic" is simple - in my neighborhood the most popular armies are High Elves, Dark Elves and Skaven. Nobody EVER consider that goblins are dangerous.

The first rank of unit is full o lord-level characters, each of them have 5 attacks with weapon skill 5, Initiative 5 and 4 strenght. this is enough for elves and skaven.

Orcs are here for backup and absorb enemy fire.

You could just aswel give every Gobbo a Great weapon. Hits even harder (wounding on 2+ instead of 3+, and their armour gone). Striking last doesn't matter, as HE's strike first anyway, and DE's strike simoultanously (but you'll be taking gobbo casulties anyway, so won't matter).

papabearshane
18-09-2011, 21:51
Why all the Warbosses? why not big bosses with Great Weps?

Spazo
30-09-2011, 09:46
Tourney was VERY funny, when playing with that guys.

In first battle i faced another O&G army, more "traditional".

He had:
savage orc great shaman with lucky shrunken head
night goblin sham with dispel scroll
goblin warboss with talisman of preservation and some magic weapon
black orc big boss bsb with banner of swiftness
50 savage orc big uns with 2 choppas
40 black orcs
30 night goblins with fanatics
arachnarok spider
two mangler sguigs
rocklobba
two doom divers
orc chariot
snotling pumpwagon

I was really curious how my little goblins will work - and, i must admit that IT WAS AMAZING! :)
In first round i have gone with full speed towards enemy. In his turn - the savage big 'uns horde fails their animosity, roll "6" and then charge my goblins.
My warboss with sword of might, who had drunken a potion of speed, manage to kill the great shaman (shaman take a wound from miscast in magic phase), and shrunken head cease to work. Then, the seven samurai, the black ork and warboss with obsidian blade together with 30 goblins (spears)
killed 30 savage orcs BEFORE they could struck.The rest have to fight with warbosses - with strenght lowered to 4 by nets they only inflict nine wounds wounds on them, but killed no one (he has to split attacs, so every lord take about 5 or six attacks hitting on 4+ wounding on 4+).
He broke, I pursuit into arachnarok spider. On flank my orcs engage his goblins, archers and artillery shot down manglers and pump wagon.
Spider was badly wounded, but didn't break, manage to kill two off wounded warboss and couple of goblins wit thunder stomp. Orcs killed enough goblins break them.
In his turn he rally savage orcs, turn black orcs toward me and charged my goblins with chariot but that was pointless - spider was dead before could attack (again, 5 I and 2 hand weapons). I pursuit after broken chariot into the rallied savage orcs, killed all in his turn, and overrun into black orcs.
Again, more than 20 orcs are dead before could strike. the rest manage to kill two more warbosses, but they broke anyway.

Result 20-0 for the goblins!