PDA

View Full Version : just got my Vostroyans..

Dawn of the Dogs
12-04-2006, 07:44
and i must say, they are pretty fricken sweet! :D

opened them up on the spot so that everyone could take a gander. very detailed mini's, though everyone seems a bit wary of the wood finish flamer ;)

the casualty models are very nice too, gonna make some very nice objective markers with them.

my only complaint, i seemed to have picked up the only mispacked platoon box in Sydney :mad: got 2 vox operators instead of an officer. so now, the managers has said that as soon as they get the officer blisters in, that i can have one for free :D

so now i have an extra vox operator and officer.

Brushmonkey
12-04-2006, 07:52
God bless GW and their outrageous customer service.:)

The Ape
12-04-2006, 13:06
And lets not forget their outrageous quality control ;)

Cypher
12-04-2006, 13:11
Generally speaking, the customer service in Australia is outstanding. On a number of occasions I've had problems (usually mispackaged boxed sets) and Im always better off afterwards.

Cant wait for my Vostroyans to arrive: hoping for tomorrow.

Yodhrin
12-04-2006, 14:36
And lets not forget their outrageous quality control ;)

Hey, I'd rather they mispack a load of stuff so I get things for free than they always pack everything 100% right and we have to pay :p

DraXaus
12-04-2006, 14:55
Glad to hear that your enjoying the new models. How are models themselves? Any major mold lines?

Some guy (UK)
12-04-2006, 15:30
Hmmm, can't decide what to buy next, the Vostorians, or Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion :rolleyes: :cries: You may just tempt me..........

Later, Some Guy (UK)

cerealkiller195
12-04-2006, 16:13
i'm so tempted, though i would knock off the hats. Maybe i won't if i saw them in my hands. I defintely will pick up a blister for painting. oh temptation thy name is easy gi... GW?

Ironhand
12-04-2006, 18:43
Get Oblivion - it's totally awesome! I've been playing it for a couple of weeks now (picked it up the day it came out).

Some guy (UK)
12-04-2006, 19:10
No!!!! Stop all this temptation from either side, it driving me insane :p :evilgrin:

Later, Some Guy

Dawn of the Dogs
12-04-2006, 22:44
Glad to hear that your enjoying the new models. How are models themselves? Any major mold lines?

suprisingly very little :) all my cleaning efforts so far is just basically removing the flash.

imrhati
12-04-2006, 23:55
am i alone in thinking that they look like WW2 russian infantry?

cerealkiller195
13-04-2006, 01:01
valhallans look more so.

Sir_Lunchalot
13-04-2006, 04:20
I agree, the Vostroyan minis look even better than the pictures would lead you to believe. I was at my local GW a couple days ago when I asked the manager to kindly set aside a small army of Vostroyan minis for me on their release date. He said well since you're so hyped, take a look at the minis head office sent the store. So I did. The minis seemed to be devoid of any defects aside from the occasional tag of flash left on a corner. The miniatures have an interesting... thing on their backs, kinda like a respirator backpack thingy. The wood effect on teh lasrifles is purely an efect of painting, as the stocks are perfectly smooth. Also, it appears that the Vostroyans will be a splash release. In the store for a couple months, then only available through mail order.:chrome:

deathcrow13
13-04-2006, 22:36
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! They can't be a splash release! They are so cool and awesome! How am I suppose to build an army of those when I can't afford them right now? They are just so nice.

Sir_Lunchalot
13-04-2006, 22:53
Like any splash release, they will be available through mail order after the stores run out.:chrome:

Some guy (UK)
13-04-2006, 23:10
Does anyone know if there is a limit to the number of platoon boxes available, like there was on the american site- I think it was 50 over there-???

Later, Some Guy

Cypher
14-04-2006, 08:30
Most likely. According to the guy I spoke to from GW Oz mail order, they'd pretty much entirely sold out on preorders alone.

Dawn of the Dogs
14-04-2006, 22:51
Most likely. According to the guy I spoke to from GW Oz mail order, they'd pretty much entirely sold out on preorders alone.

yes, its times like these that it pays to have a good rapport with the staff so that they will hold one for you. one store i go to had already had all their platoon boxes reserved by customers even before they hit the shelves, and another store sold them all in less than a day. taking into account staffers who get their first pick at new releases, you would have needed to be very quick in order to get a platoon box.

Dawn of the Dogs
20-04-2006, 11:20
well thanks to the little mispack issue, ive gotten a free blister of the officers a bit earlier than they were due to be released.

even got the particular combination that i wanted. power fist and the power weapon.

pics :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v347/ddog2/RIMG0538.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v347/ddog2/RIMG0536.jpg

Barbarossa
20-04-2006, 12:20
yes, its times like these that it pays to have a good rapport with the staff so that they will hold one for you. one store i go to had already had all their platoon boxes reserved by customers even before they hit the shelves, and another store sold them all in less than a day. taking into account staffers who get their first pick at new releases, you would have needed to be very quick in order to get a platoon box.

I second that. Our local shop owner wanted ten platoon boxes but was told he could only have 3. He finally negotiated to get six, three of which were reserved for me. :D

ghost hunter
20-04-2006, 12:32
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! They can't be a splash release! They are so cool and awesome! How am I suppose to build an army of those when I can't afford them right now? They are just so nice.
come to my game workshop we will have them for monthes afterwoods we still have the black templars we even still have a copy of gorkamorka come to think of it :D

Ironhand
20-04-2006, 12:39
Depends on the store I guess. Nobody here wanted them.

mrun0riginal
20-04-2006, 15:57
Hmmm, can't decide what to buy next, the Vostorians, or Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion :rolleyes: :cries: You may just tempt me..........

Later, Some Guy (UK)
Get Eldar scrolls IV it is amazing!

joshypoo
20-04-2006, 16:28
the models look amazing aside from their heads. does anyone who has their hands on some have an opinion on how they would look with dazzled up catachan or cadian gaurdsman heads?

i just cant stand those stupid hats.