PDA

View Full Version : 2000pt Dwarfs - first list

Questionable-Methods
15-09-2011, 16:09
So this is my first Dwarf list at 2000 pt, please tell me what you all think/what maybe I should change around.

Runelord w/ Anvil of Doom, Rune of Balance, Rune of Spellbinding - 420pts
Thane w/ Shield, Rune of Smiting, Rune of Stone - 142pts
21 Longbeards w/ Great weapons, shields, full command, Rune of Slowness - 369pts
20 Dwarf Warriors w/ Great weapons, shields, full command - 245pts
15 Ranger Quarrellers w/ Great weapons, shields, full command - 250pts
12 Thunderers w/ shields, musician - 185pts
Cannon - Engineer, Rune of Forging, Rune of Burning - 145pts
Cannon - Engineer, Rune of Forging, Rune of Burning - 145pts
Bolt Thrower - Engineer, Rune of Penetrating, Rune of Burning - 90pts

Kneedles
19-09-2011, 04:34
I have played dwarfs as my primary army since 5th edition, and any advice I offer is based on my games with my friends. I do not play in tournaments, but here are some ideas that have worked for me.

8th is all about bigger units. I typically take 2 units of 14 thunderers with shields and musician, fielded 7x2. This is gives them enough shots to have a decent chance of doing wounds, in two groups for multiple targets. 215 pts each unit.
I see you have a warriors block and a longbeards block. I prefer hammerers to longbeards, fielded in a block of 30 10x3 with bsb. It is important as dwarfs to have a bsb (with MR of spite, rune of stone, and then I give him the MR of swiftness commonly to help him survive challenges hopefully). NEVER take a magic BSB, always make him as tanky as you can and reserve the MR of spite for him. A BSB is important for dwarfs because every dwarf is Ld 9 with very few exceptions. The reroll is important.

If you want to take longbeards, or you want to take rangers, I recommend the Longbeard Rangers with GW, Throwing Axes and FC with Warbanner (+1 combat res rune I call the warbanner, I actually forget the rune's name and just tell my opponents it is the war banner rune.) That would be a rather killy block, and scouts to boot. Miners are only one more point than the standard issue warrior w/GW, if you have a GW you cannot choose to fight with a shield anymore in close combat. I usually take miners in 15 or 20 and warriors with GW in 25 or 30 formations, remember bigger is better and go for the kills. right now you are spending 420 pts on a runelord and alot of antimagic, but you do not have a good big ole unit to march into things. I would drop it in only 2000 points - 1/5 of your points are going to antimagic defense when you could take a runesmith with those runes and another infantry block.

Tomorrow I can post an example of one of my lists if you'd like, but I have work in 6 hours and would have to find my binder. Also no to people or things can have the exact same runes, so either one of those cannon loses the rune of burning or you give one of them the rune of reloading.

Maltor
19-09-2011, 09:18
It should also be noted you cannot have 2 master runes on the same object (weapon, armor, talisman). IE MRoBalance, MRoSpellbinding.

Tuttivillus
19-09-2011, 23:50
and you cannot have the same rune comination on more than one object - as you did on cannons.
And yes , you do seem to lack men.