PDA

View Full Version : WoC 2500,almost mono khorne.

RandomSpecific
16-09-2011, 14:59
having aquired my first few boxes and working out what kind of army to build i really wanted to get back to ages past with a khorne army.

now i know theres a mot level 4 in there. if it helps im preying for pandaemonium and the puppet to help me take some heat off my combat untis, and add in a flying warmachine hunter/skirmish unit etc character.

Sorcerer Lord
Level 4
MoT
Disc
Golden eye of T
Infernal Puppet
Enchanted Shield
Sword of Might
Stream of Corruption

Exalted Hero
MoK
Helm of many eyes
The Other Tricksters shard
Dragon Helm
Halberd
BSB

Exalted Hero
MoK
Juggernaut
Halberd
Dragon Gem
Charmed Shield
Blood Curdling roar

17 Warriors
MoK
Shields
Halberds
Command
Banner of eternal flame

40 Marauders
Mok
GW
musician+standard

40 Marauders
Mok
GW
musician+standard

5 Marauder Horse
MoK
Flails
Thrown Spears
Musician

5 Marauder Horse
MoK
Flails
Thrown Spears
Musician

6 hounds
5 hounds

4 Trolls

6 Knights
MoK
Command
Blasted Standard

im viewing this as my casual list, but casuals one thing and someones bitch is quite another.

im planning to run the horsemen towards war machines early as possible, including vanguard etc, or if thats not possible, use their possible speed on a flank and try and get out of firing arc. i dont see these guys much any more and i understand cavalries weakness compared in this ed but with the special rules and new javelins, i think its worth a try, anyone run them in 8th and got any mileage?

follow the horsemen with dogs to create a checkered screen in front of my marching blocks, try to achieve the usual good stuff with the dogs after screening duty.

majority of lists seem to have flaming units these days to deal with hydras/etc. IF i can get my jugg guy into them, it could be good times. hes not well protected but the trolls will block for him as much as possible untill he can charge, along with the shield if somethings does catch him.
the bsb also is lightly defended, but he should have a good shot in duels going hopefully first, and while its always tempting to take a mot and build a tank, i wanted to try a different approach.

knights go on what ever flank has the nastiest enemy pressence on and cover my blocks.

the sorc is a multi tool and hopefully enough defence and even additional skills to help harass the enemy shooting.

any way thoughts would be welcome,